1. Works with the pharmacy manager on controlling inventories by helping track weekly sales, may order various pharmaceutical stock in order to meet customer demand and maximize profits.
2. Weighs, measures, mixes drugs and other medical compounds and fills bottles with correct quantity and compositions. May give advice to self-medicating patients. Also dispenses non-prescription medications. Maintains open communication with various health and insurance professionals.
3. Perform patient immunizations on a regular basis.
4. In the absence of the Pharmacy Manager may have to schedule pharmacy associates, reward and recognize performance, discipline associates as required, and give out work assignments to effectively utilize skills and abilities while meeting company profit objectives.
5. Assists manager with the ongoing training and development of department personnel in an effort to improve performance, ensure continuous development, reduce turnover and control labor costs.
6. Helps control department expenses by monitoring and improving operations, ensuring labor goals are met, and reducing losses due to shrink.
7. Responds to customer complaints and questions in an efficient and courteous manner, provides effective counseling on prescription related issues (i.e., adverse drug reactions, patients history which might bear on the prescribing decision, proper storage of medications, patient questions on medications, etc.) Identifies areas to improve customer service and collaborates with pharmacy manager to correct any deficiencies.
8. Helps manager maintain a safe, clean department through an effective housekeeping program to meet company, health department and OSHA standards.
9. Maintains appropriate department records and files on important matters, which may include associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc. Submits required pharmacy reports which document department activities.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.