Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
◦ Provides assessment, screening, and treatment services to inpatient psychiatric patients. Assists in thedevelopment and planning of care as part of the multi-disciplinary treatment team.
# Bachelor's degree in Psychology or related behavioral health discipline; Master's degreepreferred.
# 1 year experience in the delivery of services to a psychiatric population.
# CPR Certification
◦ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
# Ability to provide therapeutic interventions. Ability to make independent clinical decisions regardingpatient rehab skills. Strong organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and writtencommunication. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
◦ Completes documentation relevant to activities. Complies with and ensures adherence to documentation standards. Complies with data collection, entry, and reporting requirements.
◦ Completes vital signs, including blood pressure and reports results to RN.
◦ Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
◦ Participates as member of the treatment team to develop and implement multidisciplinary treatment plans and plans of care and to monitor treatment progress.
◦ Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
◦ Participates in the management of aggressive patients as needed to ensure the safety of patient, self, and others. Recognizes early warning signs of escalating behaviors and intervenes as appropriate.
◦ Performs other duties as assigned.
◦ Provides effective clinical services including therapeutic and educational groups for patients and families.
◦ Provides effective individual and family interventions as needed.
◦ Provides support to Emergency Department staff for behavioral health issues as needed.
◦ Serves as liaison to referral sources, outside agencies, third-party payors, and other interested parties as appropriate and within limits of confidentiality.
◦ Utilizes coaching and prompting techniques to foster self-care. Reports any patient care needs to the RN.
Company is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. Company offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Sign up and search through 189,533 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: