Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Global Enterprise Services (GES) Project Management Office (PMO) is looking for a Project Management Associate to join the team. The GES PMO is tasked with leading all program and project management aspects of critical initiatives across Company’s Finance and Actuarial organizations, as well as certain firm-wide initiatives. The Project Management Associate will contribute to the success of these initiatives by using their skills and experience to help drive the intended outcomes of the project.
Under the direction and supervision of a more senior project manager, the Project Management Associate will manage small projects and/or portions of a larger project. The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Partner with the project team to define project objectives so the team possesses a common understanding of the scope, success criteria, and resource needs.
Help break the work into manageable pieces, plan and manage the work, and account for dependencies that might impede the project’s success.
Continuously help the team prioritize their work to ensure that the team is working on the most important items first.
Assist in identifying and removing impediments to the team’s success to keep the team focused on their priorities.
Contribute to defining, establishing, and facilitating the team’s project framework, including meeting cadence, structure, logistics, etc. that will be needed for the team to work efficiently.
Develop, promote and maintain project collaboration tools, create content as needed, and manage access and data oversight to ensure efficient sharing, dissemination, and co-creation of project information.
Help identify, track, manage, and escalate project Risks, Issues, and Changes using a thoughtful, disciplined, and consistent approach to ensure that the team avoids preventable failures.
Lead or contribute to the completion of project artifacts as needed.
Contribute to the engagement of project stakeholders and sponsors; ensure each stakeholder has a voice in the project so that outcomes fully align with expectations.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communications skills; this includes collaborative capabilities; critical thinking, and creative solutioning skills; and excellent written and verbal communications, appropriately tailored to the audience.
· Able to adapt and add value to projects that use a wide range of Project Management styles.
· Aptitude for learning in a fast-paced environment including understanding the holistic and tactical details of the project, as well as the supporting business processes.
· Capable of taking an ownership mentality for a project’s success, while adapting and managing to ambiguity and change; ability to prioritize and manage deliverables within defined timelines and under limited oversight.
· Four-year degree or equivalent experience required.
· Overtime required, as needed.
· While this position is based in Newark, some travel may be required at times.
Sign up and search through 43,949 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: