Company’s Procurement structure is a matrix model utilizing both Global and In Market resources; this role will be a part of the North America in market team.
This role is a direct report to VP Procurement, Supply
The scope of the role spans across all areas of Procurement spend across Supply, Marketing and Indirects, with a specific focus on Supplier Diversity
Purpose of Role:
To build on our Supplier Diversity program at Company that will allow achievement of internal goals via targeted spend with diverse owned suppliers and agencies.
SUPPLIER IDENTIFICATION / DISCOVERY - This role will work closely with all areas of Procurement (Supply, Demand and Indirects) to develop a pipeline of diverse suppliers and agencies that are ‘contract ready’ to meet Company’s business needs
COMMUNICATION AND ADVOCACY Increase overall business engagement in the Supplier Diversity agenda by building relationships with senior business leaders
Lead external engagement with advocacy groups to benchmark performance on supplier diversity, utilize network to establish relationships with diverse suppliers and increase visibility to the SD program at Company
SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT - Determine best way to mentor and develop existing diverse suppliers and agencies
EXPANSION – Support/lead global expansion of program
Build and own positive and effective relationships with a complex network of Business and Procurement stakeholders
Has ability to act as a champion for change and create organizational momentum to deliver.
Ability to influence large and complex stakeholder groups.
Strong ability to prioritize and focus on delivering business goals.
Displays great judgement in selection the appropriate opportunities to tackle
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
1. Work with Procurement teams and broader business to ‘fill the pipeline’ with new diverse suppliers and agencies that can meet Company’s business needs
2. Report against SD scorecard with relevant metrics and reporting mechanisms to meet business needs and / or external reporting
3. Engage broader business in the Supplier Diversity agenda, creating regular communications and updates about the status of the program to keep a ‘live’ conversation
4. Maintain relationships with advocacy groups to benchmark performance on supplier diversity, utilize network to establish relationships with diverse suppliers and increase visibility to the SD program at Company
5. Continuous improvement of program as it grows beyond a ‘Traditional’ program
Qualifications and experience required:
University Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or equivalent
7-10 years of procurement, supply or related experience within a forward thinking, fast paced and value-adding environment.
Analytical, strong business acumen, enthusiastic, tenacious and a team player
Experience in procurement, direct or indirect
Confidence and some experience in communicating at senior stakeholders.
Experience in influencing senior level stakeholders and leading teams
Barriers to Success
Lack of any of the following:
Experience in managing a complex stakeholder community.