Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Under the direction and supervision of a Pharmacist, performs a variety of functions related to preparation, storage and distribution of medication within the health system. The student will perform higher levels of professional support as they advance through pharmacy school. Embraces the goals/objectives encompassing Pharmaceutical activities for the Company Healthcare System. Promotes team efforts to manage and achieve departmental/corporate objectives. Demonstrates good judgment and decisiveness throughout daily activities and personal commitment to professional growth.
The following description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities assigned from time to time.
Perform pharmacy technician/operational tasks as assigned
Under the direction of a Pharmacist, assists with preparation, formulation and distribution of medication providing efficient, quality and safe pharmaceutical services.
· Fills medication orders including oral, injectable and topical medications and intravenous admixtures.
· Assists in the bulk manufacturing of special pharmaceutical products
· Prepares and distributes medications to appropriate locations
· Inventories and restocks shelves in immediate work area, checks for outdated drugs.
· Performs necessary record keeping functions.
· Performs customer service functions and responds to requests appropriately.
· Maintains the work area in a safe, orderly manner.
Maintains standards in USP Chapter <795> <797> when preparing (if trained in this area), transporting, receiving or handling non-sterile and sterile compounded products when applicable.
· Progression of responsibilities may include: Communicate with physicians, nursing and other ancillary staff regarding patient care, assist in answering drug information questions, counsel patients and families about medications under the supervision of a pharmacist.
Provide excellent Customer Service by participating in Patient and Family Centered Care initiatives.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
· Education / Training: Fulfulling requirements towards a Pharm.D. degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy
· Work Experience: None required
· Certification, Licensure, Registration: Pharmacy Intern License required by the State of Michigan
Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Sign up and search through 188,852 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: