Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Title: PeopleSoft Engineer
Location: New Albany, OH
At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open work space, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.
Information Technology at Abercrombie & Fitch is fundamental to designing, sourcing, developing, and delivering fashion forward merchandise to our customers. We are committed to implementing new strategic and systematic approaches to generate dynamic technology solutions for our growing business.
The Human Resources (HR) Engineer will be responsible for developing and supporting the PeopleSoft HR Suite of applications including but not limited to HR, Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service, Base Benefits, Benefits Administration and Learning Management. This will include designing, planning, coding and documenting technical solutions; testing, debugging, fixing and retesting those technical solutions and preparing for migrations to a Production environment. Responsibilities will also include providing end user support; troubleshooting and resolving problems; designing application process changes, writing specifications for them, and developing the solutions.
What will you be doing?
• Work with business to determine functional requirements for initiatives where appropriate
• Able to translate functional requirements to technical requirements
• Able to scope effort, time and dollar estimates
• Analyze, document, and evaluate alternative solutions within a team environment.
• Translate business processes into technical solutions
• Oversee the management of user interfaces and third-party integration components for the core product offering using PeopleSoft's PeopleTools development environment or other established development techniques
• Maintain consistent delivery of PeopleSoft solutions throughout the product suite by following development standards
• Provide application and technical support for the production processes
• Investigate PeopleSoft functionality not currently utilized
• Write and/or update system documentation
• Develop complex reporting solutions utilizing BI/XML Publisher, SQR, Application Engine, Query, and other tools
• Provide formal and informal mentoring to assist in the technical and business development of other associates and end users
What do you need to bring?
• Minimum 4 Year degree in IT or related field.
• In depth knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM suite of products.
• Expertise utilizing industry standards in development, design, and testing.
• Expertise in App Engines, CI’s, Messaging/Integration, PeopleCode, Page Processor, SQR, SQL, XML, Workflow, and related technologies desirable.
• Understanding of the PeopleSoft HCM upgrade and maintenance process.
• Knowledge of Oracle database platform in an UNIX environment a plus.
• Work supportively with the business community.
• Command the attention and respect of highly technical associates.
• Multi task projects simultaneously.
• Work effectively during frequent periods of time constraints where stress may be present.
• Work nonstandard hours which may include nights and weekends (we support a global retail environment; we must always be available when necessary).
• Navigate technical issues and evaluate risk.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and activities.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER