Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED and no experience required. Incumbent must obtain CPR certification within 90 days of employment. CPR certification must be current for duration of employment.
1. Provides a welcoming presence at all entrances. Greets patients, their families and guests, in building lobbies or other patient care areas; provides escorts and wheelchair assistance, ensuring patient comfort and safety at all times.
2. Seeks to understand the needs of the internal and external customers; meeting and exceeding those needs. Serves as a liaison between patients, their families, friends and our medical staff. Performs other duties as required to provide fast and friendly genuine hospitality. Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest services.
3. Responds to patients inquiries for information in person and over the telephone providing information regarding health care services; provides directions to various facilities and services (restrooms, dining, etc.).
4. Keeps current on Company Southwestern Campus information in order to answer phones, respond to requests & providing appropriate information as required. Respectfully interacts with emotionally ill patients and family members.
5. Works with Lead Patient Services Representatives to solve specific problems either on a one to one basis or in groups. Provides assistance to Lead Patient Services Representative to ensure successful business operations.
6. Demonstrates attention to detail, maintains confidentiality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, follows policies and procedures, follows instructions, responds to leadership direction and arrives to work, meetings and appointments on time.
7. Provides assistance with electronic and in person patient check in located at the applicable Guest and Patient Services desks across campus.
8. Communicates changes effectively, prepares and supports those affected by change, monitors transition and evaluates results and applies feedback to improve performance.
9. Listens, apologizes, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems.
10. Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest services.
11. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients b) Directly interacting with or caring for human subject research participants.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes Company Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Company Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is Company Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Sign up and search through 61,270 curated jobs in the Education Edition: