Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
General Statement of Job
To coordinate parent and family engagement services and technical assistance to the Company Grant partners in collaboration with ESC Region XIII, including fostering community engagement and providing other special services and activities for campuses, participants, and other stakeholders. The position is grant funded.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Coordinates and provides oversight for program services and technical assistance for all schools and communities in the collaboration.
2. Guides collaborative efforts to ensure coordination and delivery of parent involvement programs as outlined in the 21st Century grant; coordinates grant-provided activities with appropriate campus staff and with community resources including NPOs and CBOs, to enact grant-provided activities.
3. Coordinates the collaboration of parent and family engagement programs and activities to support parent and student success, including adult education services and volunteer opportunities.
4. Develops and delivers large and small group presentations to the Company community; and offers workshops to parents to promote career options and a college-going culture.
5. Communicates and collaborates with stakeholders to provide enhanced service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
6. Provides training, technical assistance and expertise in serving adults and family members, including professional development, evidence-based curricula for character development and social-emotional learning, child development, customer satisfaction, and effective parenting skills which includes the development, communication, delivery and evaluation of services.
7. Monitors, compiles, and analyzes data for reports utilizing spreadsheet and other data analysis software (TX21st in TEAL) with improvements and modifications as needed.
8. Attends training sessions and conferences, as appropriate, to enhance the knowledge and skills needed for effective partnerships.
9. Coordinates development, communication, delivery, and evaluation services and training, using evidence-based practices, ensuring effective parent training.
10. Provides information on college and career readiness to elementary and secondary students, both onsite and at Company (Company) campuses.
11. Develops and distributes marketing and communication materials and courses for parent and family activities and programs related to the after-school program.
12. Uses demographic change and employment opportunity data (US Census and Texas Workforce Center) to identify community-based services, public services, and career opportunities in the community.
13. Provides interventions for at-risk students using evidence-based practice for character development and wellness activities.
14. Works to identify new opportunities to build sustainability of ACE 21st CCLC programs.
15. Coordinates knowledge and resources with the Teaching and Learning Center department of the Continuing Education division of Company regarding educational services and program support.
16. May oversee the work of others.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Working with multiple partners and flexible schedules.
Program coordination and oversight methodologies.
Academic policies and procedures.
Diverse cultures and economic backgrounds.
Parent and family engagement programs and activities.
Basic adult literacy, child development, and effective parenting techniques.
Community-based organizations, support agencies, services, and resources.
Event planning practices.
Community relationship development practices.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Effectively develop and make written and verbal presentations to individuals and groups.
Effective program management and coordination.
Effectively maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
Maintaining a flexible work schedule, including mornings and afternoons (before and after school hours), and some evenings and/or weekends.
Working with frequent interruptions.
Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
Effectively using organizational skills, including tracking program elements, follow-up, and attention to detail.
Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
Experience working with school district's and local communities
Master's Degree preferably in Education
Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation needed for local Austin area travel.
Other Preferred Qualifications
Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Sign up and search through 52,519 curated jobs in the Education Edition: