Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Under administrative direction, uses knowledge and skills obtained through education, training and experience to support the growth and administration of the offshore mutual fund platform at Company. This position will work within the Investment Solutions group within Global Wealth Solutions and will provide support to the Offshore Mutual Fund Product Manager. In addition, they will provide support in the following areas: legal and compliance issues, financial advisor support, analysis around products, and/or under more senior direction assisting in setting strategy around product pricing strategy, suitability and availability.
Extensive contact with internal (i.e., financial advisors, other team members, senior leadership, etc.) and external (i.e., product issuers, product sponsors, industry peers, etc.) customers is required to identify, research, and resolve complex problems in selling or servicing products, and overall business planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a commitment to creating an environment in which the platform is managed in a manner consistent with the firm's core values - namely putting the interests of clients first.
• Ensure that Company’ offshore mutual fund platform remains competitive and accommodating to client needs.
• Establish networks with industry contacts to continually benchmark the Company platform against industry norms, including product and country availability.
• Collaborate with the partner relationship and mutual fund research team, and advisors, to evolve the platform and address areas of demand.
• Develop and maintain relationships with potential product partners to assist with new product pipeline and sourcing.
• In partnership with the more seinor product manager, collaborate with Cross Border supervision and compliance to support risk management in pricing models and product availability by jurisdiction
• Under direction, perform detailed analysis of all economic and selling contracts of various product partners.
• Gathers, analyzes, interprets and distributes information on sales trends, product demand and marketing strategies of assigned products.
• Interface with multiple departments within the firm, namely Operations, to launch new funds, place certain restrictions on existing funds, and ensure that appropriate disclosures are in place.
• Document results of negotiations and maintain all historical information and finalized (signed) copies of contracts.
• Working with others to assist advisors in educating clients on the benefits and risks associated with offshore mutual funds.
• Interact with partnership to work with financial advisors discussing fund availability and preferred share classes.
• Provide analysis to aid in decisions related to contract terms based on economic and non-economic factors.
• Ensure all contracts meet company standards and financial industry regulations.
• Maintain a constant awareness of changes and advancements in contract management, technology, finance, negotiating skills and law to implement improved methods and techniques as appropriate.
• Prepare and deliver written and oral presentations to product partners and financial advisors.
• Work independently to organize, manage, and execute on objectives with minimal oversight, a strong attention to detail, a high level of professionalism, and with appropriate timeliness.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Investment products and securities markets in general and mutual funds in particular.
• Knowledge of operational infrastructure of the firm, including how offshore mutual funds and other packaged products function within the existing infrastructure.
• Knowledge of investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry regarding applicable legislation, compliance standards, policies, and procedures within assigned business area.
• Concepts, practices, and procedures of product development and management in a financial services/broker-dealer environment.
• Principles of banking & finance and securities industry operations including finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
• Fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of strategic sourcing and contract management.
• Regulatory guidelines.
• Organizing, managing, and tracking multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Critical thinking, excellent verbal & written communication skills, collaborative spirit, and leadership by words, and more important, actions.
• Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of the organization and in the industry.
• Critical thinking and problem solving with limited supervisory guidance.
• Implementing strategies and tactical plans across organizational lines.
• Proven strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
• Forward thinking with an ability to successfully develop and implement strategic plans calling for substantial asset growth.
• Developing business development strategies.
• Gathering and compiling information and data.
• Basic database and technology concepts.
• Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Preparing and delivering clear, convincing and professional sales presentations.
• Problem solving sufficient to effectively analyze, research and resolve inquiries and issues in a timely manner.
• Analyzing business processes and identifying process improvement opportunities.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Investigating and responding to customer and vendor complaints.
• Refining and implementing contract management methodologies, tools and practices.
• Designing and developing management reports.
• Product planning, product development or product management.
• Interpreting and conveying comments and questions of others.
• Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
• Represent the company in a highly professional manner.
• Establish clear directions and priorities.
• Multi-task, work in teams, self-motivate/take initiative, innovate, work independently, adapt, accept and lead change, meet deadlines
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Demonstrate a level of competence with well-respected industry fund partners.
• Read and interpret complex legal documents such as prospectus documents and selling agreements.
• Organize, prioritize, and manage tasks and projects to complete work efficiently.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels to accomplish objectives and convince others to accept ideas or goals.
• Assimilate and prioritize strategies into operational guidelines.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Handle stressful situations, a heavy diverse case load and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
• Attention to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Resolve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on financial analysis.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business (e.g. finance, accounting, etc.) and one (1) to three (3) years of experience in the financial services industry.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• SIE and Series 7 preferred, but not required
Sign up and search through 109,963 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: