Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Nursing Assistant assists in patient care throughout nursing areas and is responsible for the safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services. Provides the services of an Observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
1. Provide patient care assignments as delegated by and under the direction of a registered nurse.
2. Maintains current knowledge/certification.
3. Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety and specific job-related hazards.
4. Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
5. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
6. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objective.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
· High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
· American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required.
B. Work Experience:
· Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
· Current CNA certification preferred.
D. Other Qualifications:
· Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
· Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
· Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
· Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Sign up and search through 140,540 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: