Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Location:5460 Verna Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida 32205 United States of America
Company is hiring for skilled and experienced Mobile Repair Specialist to join our team!
Tired of being locked down in the shop all day? Are you looking for the flexibility to self manage, plan, and execute your day-to-day workload? Are you a reliable and skilled mechanic searching for a challenging career that offers both stability and advancement opportunity with an industry leader? If so, then this opportunity is the one for you!
Primary responsibilities include:
Under the direction of the Shop Manager or Shop Foreman the Mobile Repair Specialist will perform minor repair and emergency road service on Company equipment.
1) Must accept responsibility for all “down” or inoperable equipment in his/her assigned area and ensure that all equipment has been repaired or scheduled for repair.
2) Operate mobile repair vehicle to perform emergency road service, repairs, or preventive maintenance checks on all Company vehicles and related equipment. In most cases repairs are to be performed at location site and equipment should be towed to shop only if disabled or non-repairable.
3) Use a scheduled call list provided by the repair office and work with the designated repair staff to establish an effective route to repair both trucks and trailers. Make road service calls on disabled vehicles and perform corrective maintenance to permit the vehicle to reach its destination, or tow vehicles to repair shops for major repairs.
4) Complete repair statements with the correct labor time and work performed and ensure that all parts used are charged out. Follow the preventive maintenance checklist when performing preventive checks and services and ensure that each item is completed and correctly annotated.
5) Maintain accurate inventory of all repair parts and tools assigned.
Demonstrate proficiency to repair/replace electrical or electrical-related accessories
Work on light and medium duty trucks, both gas and diesel
Demonstrate general all around repair and diagnostic skills
Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
Company drivers that operate service vehicles and/or rental trucks with a GVWR of 10,001 lbs. or more or a combination of vehicles (truck and trailer) with a GCWR of 10,001 lbs. or more are required to have a driver qualification file. A medical certificate from a federally registered medical examiner must be obtained to be a Company CMV driver.
High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Sign up and search through 221,642 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: