Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Our vision at Company is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Company Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Company as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Efficiently executes merchandising operations to ensure consistency with product sets and signage displays in the store and when necessary across a group of stores in a Market or District. Ensures the health, welfare and proper care of all live animals. Reduces time spent on merchandising processes due to an increased familiarity of sets. Assists in the receiving of merchandise to and from the store and ensures that all merchandise is properly stocked and priced, and provides guest service, as necessary.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
1. Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Company standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
2. Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
3. Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
4. Provides quick and courteous service to all guests by determining their needs, sharing product knowledge and suggesting the appropriate merchandise to satisfy their needs, utilizing GUEST+ engagement throughout the store.
5. Demonstrates knowledge in nutrition, Pals Rewards membership sign-up, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
6. Applies strong merchandising knowledge and exercises organization skills.
7. Assists with the unloading, pricing and stocking of merchandise according to operational guidelines in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that supply counts are accurate.
8. Verifies that all pricing and inventory information is accurate, ensures that all merchandise is properly priced, that all SKU information is correct and that all required inventory control paperwork is competed accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Adheres to and promotes established safety procedures.
10. Performs routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, bathroom maintenance, etc.
11. Participates in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
12. As required, travels to a designated store following a scheduled timeline to complete projects, i.e. Category Reviews, Action Memos, Recalls, Resets, etc.
13. As required, must have access to reliable transportation and possess proper vehicle insurance. Must be diligent in completion of time keeping, mileage calculations and expenses.
14. Completes projects following policies & procedure; cleaning, planogram sets, proper labeling, and signage & fixture needs of project, disposal of RTV items as a result of set, appropriate hazardous waste storage and clean up.
15. Analyzes on-site/actual conditions in comparison to written plan, identifies necessary corrections and recommends alterations as necessary and troubleshoot resolutions. In coordination with Store/Field partners and/or Support Center departments/partners, ensures actual fixturing, floor plan set-up, stocking and merchandising is completed according to scheduled plan and if changes are made that they are properly communicated for all assigned locations.
16. Communicates with the Merchandise Operations Leader and the Store Leader upon completion of day on any remaining unfinished projects, blue dot program needs, screen correction information for the Store to complete at end of day, overall set changes (adds/deletes/moves), DMB, POGS and sign off of completion form.
17. Performs special projects as required, i.e. Space Optimization, POG integrity, Ad Promotions, etc.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Education and Experience
Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience. A qualified applicant will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics, and above average communication skills.
Sign up and search through 213,982 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: