Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
At Company, our Mechanical Engineering Drafters play a crucial role in the development of products that solve complex problems and make people’s lives safer, healthier and more enjoyable. Our drafters provide drafting and testing support to the design team throughout the development and entire life of a product.
We are looking for a full-time Mechanical Engineering Clerk to help us in developing next generation consumer electronics at our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas, a beautiful suburb of Kansas City. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the development of Consumer products for our Automotive, Outdoor, Fitness, and Marine Business Segments. You will work alongside Drafters and Mechanical Engineers in the creation of engineering specification drawings, updating of documentation, and providing test support.
• Maintain Engineering documentation
• Review documentation for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to process and company standards
• Execute defined processes for generating, controlling and/or releasing documentation
• Provide ongoing guidance and feedback to ensure process requirements are fulfilled by the organization
• Collect information from multiple sources to assist in engineering activities
• Maintain various computer databases, generate reports and perform data entry functions as required
• Maintain activity logs as required
• Support daily activities and communicate effectively throughout organization and Company locations
• Provide exemplary service and support
• High School Diploma or GED
• User experience and proficiency using personal computers, Microsoft Windows, Windows based applications, and web browser based applications
• Demonstrated ability to work closely and interact effectively with a large number of people
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible and fast paced environment
• Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
• Previous experience and demonstrated track record in providing courteous and friendly service
• Associate Degree in a related field
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Corel Draw etc
• Experience using Agile PLM
• Demonstrated experience with Engineering Document Control and change processes
• Experience with Document Management systems
• Knowledge of drawing / drafting standards and best practices
Our benefits, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life, keep us competitive and allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future. We offer a choice of healthcare plans—with low or no premiums—which consistently rank in the 90th percentile when compared to other high-tech employers, plus dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, our financial benefits rate 82% above the median for technology companies comparable in size. Our 401K retirement plan provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount.
Company International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Sign up and search through 29,208 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: