Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Managing Director, People & Culture is a key contributor to the strategy, culture and operations of the organization. The position provides direction and guidance to the Human Resources department, serving as a consultant and business partner to the National Office leadership team.
This position fosters and maintains a highly engaged workforce through skillful leadership of the recruiting, talent management, training and development, compensation and benefits, and employee relations functions. Maintains current knowledge of, and ensures adherence to, national and local employment laws and policies. Facilitates an organizational culture consistent with AAA Basic Beliefs.
Relationship of Job to Management
This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Administration & CFO
This position has two direct reports at the director level and eleven indirect reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads a team to develop and execute HR objectives and initiatives that align with and support the organization’s overall strategy, operating plan and values.
2. Acts as trusted advisor and business partner to the organization’s leaders, providing expert guidance on complex or sensitive human resource issues.
3. Ensures marketplace competitiveness with a strong employee value proposition that represents the AAA brand.
4. Provides leadership to the Compensation & Benefits function, including programs designed to reward and retain high performance. Delivers presentations to the Board’s Executive Committee regarding executive compensation and benefit practices. Oversees retiree medical and frozen pension plans.
5. Oversees the learning and development strategy, designed to enhance critical business skills and competencies.
6. Provides vision and direction for the development of new, innovative initiatives and benefits that improve the employee experience, value proposition, engagement, and diversity and inclusion. Uses employee feedback channels and data analytics to gain insights that drive workplace enhancements.
7. Promotes positive employee relations through effective communications, counseling, consulting, and issue resolution. Leads the organization’s performance management, separation management, and succession planning processes.
8. Establishes and leads practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a best-in-class workforce.
9. Develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures according to federal and state laws and regulations. Annually reviews HR policies, procedures, and practices to identify potential improvements and ensure legal compliance.
10. Prepares complex written documentation (e.g., funding requests, investigative reports, audit inquiries, analyses, recommendations, and procedures) and presentations as needed.
11. Oversees the annual Human Resources planning and budget process, and ensures that goals and objectives are met within allotted funds.
12. Oversees utilization of HR systems and technology to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
13. Establishes and maintains external industry contacts to enhance AAA’s image and remain abreast of new HR developments, trends, best practices and programs.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Sign up and search through 27,168 curated jobs in the Biotech Edition: