Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
As Manager of Resident Activities you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying
out your assigned duties. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to
perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer
has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating, the activity programs of this facility.
2. Assist with resident activities, assessments, and activities profiles.
3. Assist in scheduling movies, planning parties, and providing games/activities for residents.
4. Encourage residents to participate in recreational social activities so that all residents are involved in activities by engaging in and
organizing games, crafts, religious services, parties, etc.
5. Act in compliance with all corporate, state, federal and other regulatory standards.
6. Accompany residents, as needed, to activities outside the facility.
7. Maintain an adequate inventory of supplies. Submit request for additional supplies/material in accordance with established
8. Attend meeting and in-service sessions, as directed.
9. Involve the resident/family in planning activity programs when possible.
10. Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
11. Refer resident/families to appropriate social service personnel when the facility does not provide the services or needs of the
12. Provide consultation to members of our staff, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident through the
development of activity programs.
13. Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
14. Work with the facility’s consultants as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
15. Assist in reviewing and developing a plan of correction for activity deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provides a
written copy of such report to the Executive Director.
16. Implement, and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the activity department.
17. Ensure that all charted activity progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s
response to the service.
18. Assist the Executive Director in maintaining a reference library of written material, etc., necessary for complying with current
standards and regulations, and that will provide assistance in maintaining a quality activity program.
19. Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
20. Meet with administration, and nursing staff, as well as other related departments in planning activity programs.
21. Arrange transportation for field trips when necessary.
22. Embrace the Company’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate
them into daily job function.
23. Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
24. Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
25. Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with co-workers, residents, families and visitors.
26. May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
27. All other duties as assigned.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent. Prefer certification or licensure from state approved program.
Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other
related medical facility.
Facility and Benefit Information
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Company, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Company offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands”. The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Company is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
24-hour skilled nursing care
Comprehensive post-acute care
Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
"Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
Alzheimer's and dementia care
Care for medically-complex patients
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Sign up and search through 166,003 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: