Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Manager, Occupational Health - Phoenix, AZ
This position plans and directs the activities and functions of the Occupational Health Program, including case management of Workers Compensation claims to assure employees health and physical capabilities prior to and during employment are in accordance with all applicable standards, state/federal regulations and guidelines.
◦ Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resource policies and tools to ensure maintenance of desired performance and quality standards.
◦ Plans, develops, and manages Occupational Health program strategies and operational budgets to ensure provision of services consistent with desired objectives delivered responsibly.
◦ Prepares and distributes monthly status and statistical reports of occupational health activities.
2. Safety & Infection Control
◦ Develops implements and evaluates the effectiveness of a variety of employee health and wellness, injury, infection, and exposure prevention education programs; works collaboratively with Infection Control, Safety, and Benefits departments to identify appropriate program materials and speakers.
◦ Works collaboratively and in conjunction with Infection Control and Safety departments to investigate occupational health hazards to ensure development and implementation of appropriate preventative measures to reduce potential exposure.
◦ Works collaboratively and in conjunction with Infection Control to plan, develop, and direct a comprehensive Occupational Health program to ensure timely notification and communication with employees and departments of required health screens, immunizations, and incidents of communicable disease exposure.
3. Health Assessments
◦ Performs initial triage and follow up of all employee injuries/illness with referrals to appropriate contracted physicians or counseling facility for treatment in accordance with established protocols to ensure compliance with JCAHO, OSHA, DHS and ADA guidelines.
◦ Performs pre-employment, For Cause, and return to work health assessments on all employees, volunteers, and contracted staff to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable OSHA, JCAHO, DHS and ADA requirements and guidelines, including drug-free workplace standards.
4. Return to Work & Disability Process
◦ Works closely with insurance broker to report injuries, review, and monitor Worker’s Compensation claims to ensure optimal insurance rating.
◦ Works collaboratively with department Directors and appropriate health care providers, workers compensation, and short term disability programs to coordinate early return to work for modified duty functions to ensure timely staff availability and placement in accordance with abilities and competence.
5. Administrative Responsibilities
◦ Documents and maintains current both hard and softcopy employee health files and records in accordance with applicable regulations and confidentiality standards to ensure ongoing availability of information.
6. Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Associates degree in nursing required. Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
Five years Employee Health experience to include responsibility for Occupational Health program administration required.
Experience with case management of on the job lost work injuries preferred.
One year experience with Windows based software Health & Safety program administration preferred.
Current State of Arizona RN license required.
Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree
Sign up and search through 115,658 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: