Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Manager, Billings & Contracts in Knoxville, TN to join our GBS team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Manager, Distribution Billing will adhere to the organization's credit policies so that an acceptable level of risk is maintained, repayments are made on time, losses are kept to a minimum, and arrears are economically collected as it relates to distribution revenue.
1. Reject or authorize applications in accordance with company standards and establish appropriate repayment terms to minimize the organization's credit risk
2. Manage the organization's most complex, large, or difficult credit accounts to maintain positive customer relations and minimize debts outstanding
3. Monitor the status of credit and collection activities to identify problem areas and adapt procedures to improve the overall performance of the team
4. Liaise with functional or operational area managers (for example in sales or customer service) to ensure that credit and collection activities are consistent with the organization's overall customer relations strategy
5. Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of credit and collections staff to ensure that the credit and collections activities are conducted effectively and ethically and comply with the organization's policies and standards as well as relevant regulations and laws
6. Oversee accounting activities related to distribution activity, including billing, adjustments, revenue recognition
7. Supervises technical, support and/or administrative employees; may occasionally supervise professional individual contributors
8. Accountable for the performance of a team, sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion
9. Coordinates work activities with other supervisors
10. Makes decisions guided by established policies and procedures
11. May spend up to 20% of time performing work similar to those supervised
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
1. Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
2. Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
3. Keeps others informed of workload, timeline, and resources needed to accomplish tasks
BS/BA in Accounting or related discipline (or equivalent experience) and at least 7 years of experience
Experience working in an accounting role
Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, MS Outlook.
Strong PC background, with demonstrated proficiency with Windows 7, Excel, Word, and MS Access
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
Manager/Supervisor experience preferred
Experience with SAP strongly preferred
Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
Sign up and search through 29,190 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: