Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Job Summary: Serves as a working leader for a minimum of three (3) or more associates engaged in selling merchandise, reordering, stocking, displaying, record keeping and inventory taking.
Duties and Responsibilities: Carries out policy of courtesy and service. Recognizing the importance of genuine, obvious and active attention to patrons in a retailing and services organization, exercises tact, good manners and courtesy when serving and assisting customers and fellow associates.
- Sets the pace and gives work direction to sales associates, performing functions such as selling merchandise and assisting customers in the selection of merchandise. Advises on new or related items in which customers may be interested. Assists in training new associates and answers their questions on procedures and other aspects of the operation. Ensures that work schedules and priorities are adhered to and keeps supervisor informed of the status and progress of work assignments.
- Sells merchandise and assists customers in the selection of merchandise. Advises on new or related items in which customers may be interested. Assists customers in the location of items not readily seen.
- Operates cash register according to established cash control procedures and is responsible for own cash change fund. Completes daily cash reports and ensures proper balance.
- Demonstrates to other customer service associates how to operate a cash register according to established cash control procedures.
- Displays merchandise in accordance with instructions received; replenishes stock and ensures that sales area is kept in a clean and orderly manner. Reorders merchandise and advises supervisor of slow moving and damaged items.
- When serving in a softlines department, presses wrinkles out of clothing utilizing a steamer before placing on hangers and arranging on racks according to size.
- Takes inventory at required intervals and periodic stock counts; prices merchandise.
- May be assigned video tape rental duties including opening customer accounts, completing required rental forms, and handling customer complaints, inquiries, etc.
- Assists supervisory sales associate as required and maintains continuity of operations in his/her absence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 6 months responsible experience in clerical, office or retail sales store work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled. SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE Graduation from a full 4 year or senior high school or possession of a General Education Development High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) may be substituted for the experience requirements.
Sign up and search through 61,603 curated jobs in the Diverse Edition: