The CTI Education group is currently seeking an IT lecturer who will expose our students to real-life case studies as well as interactive material within our robust curriculum. Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for lecturing, facilitating one on sessions with students in a consultation manner where applicable.
• Facilitation of learning, lecturing, tutoring, assessments and research
• Setting and marking of assessments (including exam papers).
• Preparation of notes and additional study materials and Quality assurance of learning material.
• General academic administration.
• Marking of tests, exams, and assignments and general class preparation.
• Assistance with the preparation, co-ordination and attendance at functions, events, registration, and activities (open / career days / project days).
• Participate in professional development opportunities.
• Contribute and implement innovative teaching and learning strategies, including technology enhanced learning methodologies.
• Participate in research activities and activities and projects to keep abreast of newest
• Developments in trends in Information Systems as well as the realm of Network engineering.
• Incumbent must have experience working with student management systems
• Knowledge of programming languages such as VB.Net, Object Oriented Programming and Java will be an advantage
• The incumbent must have experience lecturing to multiple students in both tutorial and theatre atmospheres
• Must have ambitions for research as well as dynamic presentation skills
Pearson is committed to the principles of employment equity and in accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and subsequent amendments thereto.
• Bachelor of Science(Honours/Masters)- Majoring in Programming or
• Bachelor of Commerce in Information Systems and Technology
• BTech/MTech-Information Technology