Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our team is committed to providing senior National Security leaders with decision-worthy data and analysis to improve the effectiveness of Intelligence system supporting DoD Warfighters. We are seeking a cleared Mission Analytics Consultant / Data Scientist to join the team of IBMers currently supporting the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security, OUSD(I&S). Our practitioners have backgrounds in operations research, statistics, analytics, data science and management consulting, with deep expertise in military intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) systems and defense Artificial Intelligence programs.
The team conducts empirical analysis to provide definitive accounts of ISR and AI/ML contributions to operations and generate data-driven acquisition recommendations. Work location is in the Washington DC area (Reston and Arlington), with US and worldwide travel.
1. Executes analytical workstreams, to include building hypotheses, generating analytic framework to test hypotheses, data wrangling, data analysis, quality controlling the results, and documenting the implications of those results in client-ready deck pages (20%)
2. Interface with the client, stakeholders, military personnel, and data providers to ensure that the team has maximal buy-in for its activities, can collect data it needs, and provides its clients the most decision-worthy recommendations/advice (20%)
3. Conduct and report on detailed research into military operations, ISR technology/sensors/platforms, ISR tactics and procedures, AI/ML technology employment (20%)
4. Contribute to product storyboards, scoping of analytical tasks and project objectives (based on analytic feasibility) (20%)
5. Completes high-end, fast-turn, ad hoc analytical tasks at the request of the client and/or Company team lead (20%)
Role ( Job Role )
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
US Citizen with active TS//SCI clearance or show immediate eligibility according to JPAS security database
Bachelors Degree, preferably in Operations Research, STEM, National Security Studies, or similar
7+ years of experience in the area of operations research or quantitative analysis; must be able to interpret ambiguous tasking, discern value proposition for client, structure and assign complex tasks, and coach/mentor more junior team members on a full range of consulting and analytic skills
3+ years experience with the development and communication of executive-level decision products (General Officer/Flag Officer/Senior Executive Service level)
Possess deep expertise of national or military intelligence capabilities and their use
Demonstrate near-expert level use of MS Excel and MS Powerpoint to evaluate and communicate analysis of military intelligence and operational data
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Masters Degree, preferably in Operations Research or other STEM degrees
5+ years experience in the military or intelligence community; exposure to ISR capabilities is highly desired
3+ years experience in leading small project teams in data analysis, product development, executive level communication
3+ years experience working in intelligence policy or oversight organizations; experience at OUSD(I&S) highly desired
Experience and/or proficiency in Python, R, ArcGIS, Tableau, MS Access, SQL
Experience and/or proficiency in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and/or Natural Language Processing
US Citizenship Required
TS//SCI required (polygraph preferred)
Single Scope Background Investigation
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Being You @ Company
Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Company is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Sign up and search through 75,899 curated jobs in the Tech Edition: