Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Job Summary and Mission
At Company, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Company Technologists work to achieve this mission using cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
The Enterprise Information Architecture (EIA) team is responsible for delivering business value through best practices in enterprise information modeling, enterprise vocabulary development, taxonomy development, master data and metadata practices. This role is an opportunity to apply your passion for data with the art of information architecture.
In support of Company advanced analytics strategies, we are looking for an Information Architect Lead to support our core Enterprise Information Management (EIM) initiatives including information governance, advanced analytics, master data management, data privacy and data quality. As we continue to expand our team, we need a skilled Architect Lead who is excited to work with technologists, data users, and business users to deploy enterprise-class data management and data analytics products and services at Company.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
This Information Architect Lead will be the anchor for driving our expanding master data and data democratization strategies at Company across multiple data domains. The IA Lead will develop the roadmap working with the Business Teams, Technology Teams and Engineering Teams in making that roadmap a reality. This person will also work with the EIM, Privacy and Data Governance leads in architecting the products and services deliverables including conceptual and logical data models to deliver the business value and ROI for our advanced analytics and master data initiatives.
• Program and Leadership Across Multiple Domains
o Ability to mentor data modelers and information architects in their career journey
o Ability to work and lead with a mixed group of partners and contracted team members
o Ability to read conceptual, logical and physical data models, working closely with data engineers to challenge and revise structures based on business requirements
o Experience translating taxonomy and metadata expertise into actionable business capabilities
o Ability to engage with users and elicit data needs and information requirements in a dynamic and occasionally ambiguous environment
o Ability to create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in both business and IT
o Self-directed and able to make impact in a short time.
o Able to create and justify estimates of work
• Information Architecture Focus Across Multiple Domains
o Experience with metadata architecture design and implementation
o Experience with data quality implementation, maintenance, and automation
o Experience with master data management implementation, maintenance, and automation
o Experience in developing integrating strategies for data analytics and data lake platforms
o Ability to map various standard metadata models to Company requirements
o Ability to develop and refine conceptual and logical data models
o Knowledge of basic SQL, SPARQL, and other contemporary query languages
o Master’s degree in Information Science, Knowledge Management, Information Management, or equivalent professional experience
- Overall experience – 12 years
- Data retrieval and transformation – 7 years
- Catalog and classification systems – 7 years
- Information Systems design and configuration – 7 years
- Master Data and Metadata Systems design and configuration – 7 years
- Data Lake and Data Warehouse Systems design and configuration – 5 years
- Systems modeling or knowledge graph/ontology engineering – 5 years
• Experience in training and educating master data and metadata management and its associated value
• Proven ability to communicate to upper management
• Experience in building an information architecture products and services roadmap and capabilities in a retail environment
• Experience with working in an agile environment with tools such as Jira and VSO
• Experience using, rolling out and administering information architecture tools/solution platforms such as PoolParty, ER/Studio, Collibra, Ataccama
• Experience developing integration strategies for metadata management and master data platforms
• Experience in developing integrating strategies for data analytics and data lake platforms
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
• Strong communications skills, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities.
Company and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Company Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at ___@___(apply_to_show_email).
Sign up and search through 359,955 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: