Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Primarily serves as an Abstractor to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s Utah Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Project. Receives gathers and assists in obtaining data for public health surveillance related to autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Within small groups receives training and technical assistances in techniques used for data collected analysis and quality assurance measures. Enters data into a computer system and retrieves corrects or deleted previously entered data. Decides on the need for additional data information and means necessary to obtain the required information. Participates in office and department peer reviews. Will also assist with other on-going projects in the Department of Psychiatry including the entry monitoring and collection of structural and resting-state MRI data and the administration of TMS stimulation to adult research study participants. The employee will also perform phone-screening schedule in-person visits and oversee the administration of smartphone-based surveys.
This position is considered Category I: Mandatory and required on campus or health care facilities to support on-site operations. Employees hired into this category will be required to be physically located at (insert work site) if they are healthy and without COVID-19 symptoms.
1. Collects and compiles data from a variety of sources using a PC or computer terminal.
2. Uses knowledge of health-related program policies rules and operating procedures to make decisions regarding data collection action and communication that have impact on program surveillance activities.
3. Travels to educational and health care facilities in Salt Lake Davis and Tooele counties.
4. Prepares format for final disposition of data; maintains an internal library on project information resources and final data collected.
5. May work with research personnel in the design and preparation of research projects and in recording data.
6. Perform phone-screenings and schedule subsequent in-person visits.
7. Schedules automated administration of smartphone-based surveys periodic monitoring of incoming data and communication with participants to troubleshoot as needed.
8. Monitor structural and resting-state MRI data collection and administer TMS stimulation to adult research study participants.
Bachelor’s degree in a Social or Behavioral Science Liberal Arts or related field or equivalency required (2 years of related experience is equivalent to 1 year of education). One year of experience in research and analytical techniques; basic knowledge of medical and educational terminology; knowledge and experience using basic computer database applications; and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills required.
Valid Utah Driver’s license and the capacity to lift 20 pounds is also required.
The Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, Company policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: ___@___(apply_to_show_email) or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: ___@___(apply_to_show_email).
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Sign up and search through 55,372 curated jobs in the Education Edition: