1. Park appropriate delivery vehicle in correct loading area according to dispatch sheet.
2. Confirm correct trailers are in assigned dock doors according to dispatch sheet.
3. Stage loaded outbound trailers.
4. Ensure all trailers have the necessary door locks and report any and all missing locks.
5. Ensure trailers are backed against dock and all safety restraints are in place.
6. Vehicle maintenance: responsible to ensure that all fluid levels, tires, windshields, mirrors, and lights are working properly before operating the vehicle. Remove all garbage and make sure the vehicle is in a clean and safe operable condition.
7. Report any and all needed repairs for trucks or trailers to Night Supervisor.
8. Any other duties as assigned within the scope of your assigned responsibilities.
Distribution and/or food service experience: restaurant, grocery, etc., a plus
Driving record/MVR report showing no more than three moving violations in the last three years, no license suspension within last five years.
Ability to work required shift schedule for this position.
Ability to successfully pass company background check, substance abuse test, MVR check, and acceptable references from prior employers.
Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and stand for extended periods of time while performing physical labor
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience a/o training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift a/o move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift a/o move 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, and move up to 300 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.