Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Our vision at Company is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Company Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Company as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Provides optimal guest experience services. Assists guests in the proper selection of merchandise in accordance with their identified needs. Demonstrates a high level of interest in the welfare, health, and proper handling of all animals. Performs cashiering duties. Performs related duties in support of the store attaining its assigned sales goal. Ensures merchandise is properly stocked and priced. Adheres to established operational guidelines and store policies and procedures. Evaluates guest inquiries and as needed refers to Guest Experience Leader and/or Leader on Duty.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
1. Ensures the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Company standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
2. Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on company interests.
3. Provides prompt and courteous service to all Company guests by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
4. Demonstrates knowledge in nutrition, Pals Rewards membership sign-up, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
5. Ensures an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart, Extended Aisle and Repeat Delivery.
6. Performs all aspects of point-of-sale service, e.g. cash sales, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs the daily balance of cash drawer as necessary.
7. Assists in stocking and facing merchandise according to established standards.
8. Completes cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip. Adheres to loss prevention policies.
9. Assists in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures, in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
10. Ensures that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the highest quality care, maintained in habits that are clean, safe, and secure, and that all reasonable and required steps are taken to maintain their good health.
11. Alerts store leaders immediately if any animal, reptile, bird or fish is in need of medical attention or other special care.
12. Performs routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, restroom maintenance, etc.
13. Assists store leadership in the opening/closing of the store as needed, to include the accurate completion of required paperwork.
14. Participates in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
15. Adheres to and promotes established safety procedures and maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment for store partners, guests and animals.
16. Performs special projects as assigned.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Education and Experience
Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience. A qualified applicant will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics, and above average communication
Sign up and search through 191,943 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: