Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Our vision at Company is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Company Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Company as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Oversees the guest experience journey and promotes a culture that consistently delivers the Company guest brand experience. Through the lens of our Company Co-Values, the Guest Experience Leader will be the catalyst, champion, and role model for all relationship building touch points with Company guests. Ensures the health, welfare and proper care of all live animals. Mentors all store partners in the delivery of GUEST+ engagements to support and drive guest experiences and create Company Promoters. Initiates appropriate actions for the attainment of Pet Services and other store areas budgeted sales goals, gross margin and budgeted contribution. Assists the Store Leader in managing all aspects of the store’s business in accordance with Company operational standards and safety procedures.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
1. Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Company standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
2. Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
3. Plans for and successfully implements a guest centric culture in Leaders respective store.
4. Creates an outstanding guest experience each and every time a guest interacts with Company.
5. Measures guest feedback through the use of Company Promoter and Grooming Promoter.
6. Trains all store partners in promoting and supporting the Pet Services guest experience through GUEST+ engagement.
7. Manages and coaches Pet Services partners in delivering a consistent services guest experience, aligned with the Company Brand Standards and Guest Promise.
8. Ensures the salon check-in and check-out is accurately performed for every pet service provided.
9. Leads store execution, training, communication and maintenance of company Pet Services (Grooming Salon and Dog Training) initiatives as well as guest centric programs, to include but not limited to Showtime, Demo Program, Welcome to the Family, Meet the Critters, Pals Rewards, Getting to Know Company and Adoptions programs, policies, procedures, safety procedures, and promotions.
10. The Guest Experience Leader is responsible to ensure the store achieves the Company established goals and metrics for Pet Services as well as guest centric programs.
11. Collaborates with store partners to ensure an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart, Extended Aisle, and Repeat Delivery.
12. Initiates community outreach activities and seeks opportunities to build and develop relationships with pet friendly organizations, to promote Company as a trusted resource for pet lovers.
13. Leverages existing programs and resources to promote in-store Pet Services and within the community.
14. Partners with internal marketing teams to identify unique and creative ways to increase business market share and community footprint.
15. Maintains a knowledge and understanding of Store Sales and Margin reports and data.
16. Using sales, payroll, margin, Pet Services Profit/Loss, Adoptions, and e-commerce reports, monitors the performance of each business and implements plans to correct any area falling short of target goal.
17. Works closely with the Grooming Salon Leader to ensure proper partner scheduling, promote client business development, monitor sales, and enhance partner productivity.
18. Works strategically with the Store Leader, assigned leadership, and remaining partners in support of meeting business plans and objectives, and attaining sales, productivity and margin dollar goals.
19. In partnership with the Store Leader, Grooming Salon Leader and Dog Trainer, conducts monthly business review of Grooming and Dog Training sales, margin, and productivity. Develops and implements action plans to address performance gaps.
20. Trains and coaches proper safety procedures to all grooming and dog training salon partners, to provide the best pet and Partner experience while minimizing costs associated with injuries.
21. Applies a talent management skill set within the scope of recruiting, hiring, training, work scheduling, coaching and succession planning.
22. In partnership with store leaders, recruits, hires and develops a team focus on building long-term guest relationships.
23. Develops strategic action plans to continuously analyze staffing levels and maintain productive partners, that support business growth and career succession planning thereby reducing turnover.
24. Monitors partner promoter survey results and develops action plans.
25. Conducts annual performance evaluations, measures individual performance effectiveness, and provides clear, concise feedback and coaching.
26. Coordinates with the Store Leader to ensure proper partner scheduling is being maintained to support and execute relationship driven initiatives that deliver a consistent favorable guest experience.
27. Encourages pet adoptions and supports related activities and goals to include Think Adoption First, Adoption Agency Partnerships, Adoption Center, In-Store Events, and Adoption Captain.
29. Oversees the Think Adoption First program and integrates with all store partners.
30. Collaborates with adoption agency partners to grow in store adoption rates.
31. Ensure in-store events and marketing events are executed in accordance with Think Adoption First policies and procedures.
32. Builds and develops relationships with adoption agencies and related groups to promote the Think Adoption First philosophy.
33. Provides quick and courteous service to all guests by determining their needs, sharing product knowledge and suggesting the appropriate merchandise to satisfy their needs, utilizing GUEST+ engagement throughout the store.
34. Provides training, feedback and coaching in GUEST+ engagement and product knowledge to store partners.
35. Collaborates with store Partners to ensure an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart, Extended Aisle and Repeat Delivery.
36. Ensures Company standards are maintained throughout the store.
37. Ensures that the store is opened and/or closed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
38. In partnership with the Store Leader and/or Guest Experience Leader, ensures proper store scheduling is maintained to ensure optimal guest service during peak hours.
39. Adheres to and promotes established safety procedures and maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment for store partners, guests and animals.
40. Adheres to loss prevention policies.
Leader on Duty Key Accountabilities
1. Conducts and oversees hourly animal health checks to ensure the health and safety of all animals in the store.
2. Ensures veterinary care/consultation is provided to all ill or injured animals in a timely manner (within 24 hours of being identified as ill or injured unless it is an emergency which requires immediate care).
3. Verifies animal related maintenance tasks are being completed as outlined on the Maintenance Task List.
4. Demonstrates and provides feedback and coaching on nutrition, Pals Rewards membership sign-up, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling techniques for partners to increase sales.
5. Assists the Store Leader and/or Guest Experience Leader in planning out location changes needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales.
6. As assigned, supervises the daily activities of the Grooming Salon, Dog Training, Wellness Clinic, Guest Advisors, and all store partners while performing Leader on Duty responsibilities, to include Adoption Captain Responsibilities.
7. For CA leaders only, complete the CA Daily Inspection Report.
8. Facilitates all regulatory visits in accordance with policies and procedures.
Directly supervise Grooming Salon Leader, Guest Advisor, and Guest Experience Specialist. Provide guidance and training to partners. Test potential applicants on direct skills on other job related tasks. Complete performance evaluations for all partners.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Education and Experience
Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience. Some college level business/management courses is preferred. 5 years’ experience in a retail setting as a department leader, or team lead is preferred . Experience supervising partners, or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales techniques, and analytical abilities is preferred.
Sign up and search through 213,120 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: