Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Our vision at Company is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Company Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Company as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Provide guests with exceptional customer service by being the subject matter expert on all products, nutrition, services, in-store promotions, local community events and other areas of animal care and wellness. Promotes the guest experience journey and a culture that consistently delivers the Company guest brand experience. Through the lens of our Company Co-Values, the Guest Experience Leader will be the catalyst, champion, and role model for all relationship building touch points with Company guests. Mentors all store partners in the delivery of GUEST+ engagements to support and drive guest experiences and create Company Promoters. Ensures the health, welfare and proper care of all live animals. The Guest Advisor may be a ‘key holder’ and Leader on Duty (LOD) on a limited basis as needed.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
1. Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Company standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
2. Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
3. Acts as a personal shopper/information center for customers as they enter the store and be 100% focused on customer service.
4. Provides quick and courteous service to all Company guests and their pets, by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services.
5. Maintains knowledge of pet-related events/resources and related costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendly hotels, etc.
6. Maintains job related knowledge and express a passion about animal welfare and display integrity in the work area.
7. Maintains familiarity of all new products and services in order to be able to engage with customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
8. Responds to inquiries politely and professionally regarding products, services and pricing via the telephone.
9. Informs guests of upcoming adoption events and explain our Think Adoption First philosophy.
10. Maintains knowledge and expertise of all Partners in order to reference them as a resource as needed, to deliver an optimal the guest experience.
11. Maintains familiarity with current store promotions and special services.
12. Maintains currency of seasonal training activities, such as flea and tick periods, pet summer safety, holiday promotions, etc. when applicable.
13. Provides quick and courteous service to all customers by utilizing GUEST+ engagements
14. Ensures Company operational standards are maintained throughout the store.
15. Ensures that the store is opened and / or closed as a ‘key holder’ in accordance with established policies and procedures.
16. As required, assists with evaluating staffing levels on scheduled shifts to determine and ensure appropriate staffing.
17. As required provides functional guidance to store partners, to include assignment delegation, instruction, and follow-through.
18. On a limited basis may be required to advise the leadership team of any pertinent issues.
As need and while performing as a Leader on Duty will all partners. Provide guidance and training as needed. Provide input to performance evaluations for all partners as required.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Education and Experience
Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience. Two years’ experience in providing public information in the animal nutrition, care/wellness/treatment, and knowledge areas is required. Minimum of one year experience in a retail environment is highly preferred. A qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics, basic accounting relationships, analysis and problem-solving skills. Excellence in communication and a proficiency in computer skills, and perform internet research is also required. Proficiency in the use of the Company PetNet and have the ability to access product information using the POLARIS system is required. Successful completion of all 4 CAS certification is required. Company trained in Nutrition is required.
Must be PIJAC certified (California only). Have thorough understanding of all aspects of Pet Services. Knowledgeable of the grooming salon program certification (Company Promise, Pet Stylist Mentor Program, Canine Heritage Breed Test, Pet First Aid.). Familiarity with the dog training class offerings and the store’s dog training schedule. Familiarity with the store’s photography and vaccination schedule. Previous Company experience preferred.
Sign up and search through 222,283 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: