Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Business Banking – Government/Not-for-Profit (GNP) team focuses on Governments, Municipalities, School Districts, and Not-for-Profit institutions. The Relationship Manager Sr is a key role in the BB-GNP organization. BB-GNP is looking for an experienced banker who can manage existing client relationships and develop new business strategies focused on client selection all while ensuring an outstanding client experience, adherence to the regulatory, legal and risk management frameworks unique to these client segments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
• Build collaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best in client advice and service, develop the business to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to the client in delivering comprehensive and customized business banking products and solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of GNP clients.
• Manage a portfolio of clients; grow portfolio by prospecting for new clients and deepening relationships with existing clients.
• Manage credit opportunities within assigned portfolio up to $25 million.
• Utilize extensive referral networks and centers of influence to identify and pursue potential new clients, looking for ways to cultivate a long-term relationship.
• Use expert knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management to identify, recommend and promote products and solutions that best serve the client while still working within risk parameters that protect the bank.
• Build relationships by calling on existing clients to truly understand their organizations/institutions and analyze product and service growth opportunities and ensure profitability of GNP portfolio.
• Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
• Manage a disciplined marketing process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Eight or more years experience in business banking relationship management role or related business lending experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
• Expert knowledge of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services.
• Expert knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred.
• Knowledge of the unique requirements, laws, regulations, and risk management for GNP client base; familiarity with the formal RFP process and due diligence.
• Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
• Ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others without direct control.
• Able to identify innovative solutions to best serve client and/or manage risk.
• Uses seasoned judgment to offer comprehensive and customized solutions that best meet client needs; monitors and researches segment trends and outcomes to anticipate client needs and present proactive solutions.
• Establishes and consistently uses a disciplined process to manage time; uses time strategically to accomplish business objectives.
• Strong current business network; viewed as a leader in community organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, non-profit boards.
Sign up and search through 65,191 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: