Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Corporate and Whole Loan Operations Associate will be responsible for supporting the primary origination and secondary trading business lines through the daily and monthly execution of mortgage and corporate loan life-cycle events. The scope of this role includes corporate, residential mortgage, commercial real estate (CRE), and small business association (SBA) and MISM lending. The Operations Specialist will be specifically responsible for the following:
- Shadow-servicing loans through analysis of complex remittance reporting.
- Ensuring accurate and efficient entry of loan servicing transactions, such as drawdowns, repayments, prepayments, interest payments, servicing fees, servicing advances, etc.
Reviewing legal documentation (e.g. credit agreements, fee letters, mortgage notes, service level agreements, etc.) to remediate servicing-related exceptions.
- Managing stakeholder interaction, both internal and external.
- Preparing and monitoring key performance and key risk metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Reviewing and updating policies and procedures on a periodic basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors Degree (Economics, Finance, or Business Administration preferred)
- 5+ years experience in Operations or Financial Services
Experienced in Project Management/Business Analytics
- Experienced in Mortgage Servicing operations with prior use of SBO preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, particularly in technical/business writing
Knowledge of loan markets, specifically performing and non performing across multiple strategies.
Experience with handling amendments, restructurings and other typical adjustment activities
Able to meet tight deadlines and has an execution-focused approach
Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
Ability to drive change and improve efficiencies on the team
Self-motivated and willing to assume extended responsibility
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
Can identify key control points within a process, and then provide assessment of the preventative and detective control
LoanIQ and ClearPar system knowledge and trade closing and or trading desk exposure
Sign up and search through 65,621 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: