Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Manages and coordinates operations and service delivery activities for a functional area ensuring achievement of department goals to all levels of internal and external customers. Drives operational excellence via process engineering efforts, people development, and strong collaboration with business partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Manages the work activities and has full management accountability for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction. Sets direction and establishes performance goals including stretch goals and communicates progress, addressing issues that impact service provided by the teams. Identifies training gaps and addresses them via collaboration with subject matter experts.
2. Through collaboration with others, establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external customers and assists subordinates in resolving high visibility problem cases or issues. Acts with a sense of urgency and takes accountability for resolving issues while focusing on overall efficiency of onshore and offshore operations and processes.
3. Generates ideas for process and technology improvements within and across businesses and implements change. Collaborates with business stakeholders in managing and driving change.
4. Prepares high level cost benefit analysis. Focuses on increased responsiveness, resolving issues and continuously raising the quality of work.
5. Makes decisions utilizing data management tools and key metrics to ensure business alignment and commitment and growth objectives are met. Communicates regularly any issues that may require attention of senior leaders while proposing options to mitigate impacts.
6. Participates in the development of annual plans including budgets, forecasts, workforce and business continuity plans. Manages and monitors performance against plan. Drives accountability of self and staff while developing future talent.
7. Responsible for staying up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise as well as the insurance industry. Serves as the voice of the team and overall process flow of functional area in meetings with both internal and external business partners.
8. May be responsible for facilitation and coordination of training initiatives.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Knowledge of the commercial multi-peril insurance industry as well as an understanding of the company's products; stays informed on relevant insurance industry trends.
2. Ability to effectively lead and motivate others in accomplishing established goals, builds a competitive organization by attracting, managing, developing and retaining the talent needed to win.
3. Ability to develop clear business plans aligned with business strategy.
4. Experience in strategic improvement initiatives including business process offshoring.
5. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, uses metrics and information analysis, accesses technology resources as needed.
6. Strong project management, organizing and planning skills including previous process redesign experience such as Agile or Lean methodologies.
7. Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written with a focus on building and strengthening business partner relationships.
8. Knowledge of business process re-engineering, with the ability to recognize and implement best practices.
9. Ability to drive strategy and implement innovative solutions to outperform the competition and drive top and bottom line growth while building a service excellence focus among teams.
10. Ability to implement systems, processes and procedures that improve the customer experience and result in profitable growth.
11. Value driven to provide superior solutions to internal and/or external customers.
12. Strong sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization with an eye toward process improvement initiatives.
13. Proven ability to help others excel through effective coaching.
14. Ability to think creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems with a process engineering mindset.
15. Demonstrated ability to take complex and multi-faceted task and simplify within appropriate constraints to deliver superior results.
16. Ability to travel to field locations as necessary.
17. Proven commitment and results around quality improvement initiatives with focus on sustained excellence in quality product and performance.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
2. Minimum of 8 years experience in a specific function or field of expertise, including 5+ years commercial insurance management experience.
Sign up and search through 87,890 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: