Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Primarily responsible for leading the furniture team and for driving furniture sales. Accountable for the furniture department’s overall performance, including furniture merchandising, presentation, and recovery standards, as well as for furniture sales metrics. Works in partnership with other store leaders to drive store performance.
1. Responsible for the leadership and operational performance of the furniture department, including furniture sales and related processes, furniture salesperson training, customer service, and merchandising and presentation standards.
2. Provides clear work direction and coaching to furniture sales team members regarding all aspects of the sales process, including merchandising, new product information, competing product comparisons, cashiering, lease to purchase, price holds, and display assembly.
3. Assists customers with product information, selection, and purchase.
4. Manages the price hold process, including weekly audits.
5. Maintains furniture department inventory, including cycle counts, in an effort to maximize sales and inventory turn.
6. Ensures third party delivery program is marketed to customers and understood by associates.
7. Identifies furniture display needs in sufficient time to allow displays to be built and merchandising standards to be achieved.
8. Develops plans for furniture department coverage during special events.
9. Strives to continually improve the furniture department’s sales and ensures merchandising and presentation standards, signage, recovery, and cleanliness are maintained.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum one year retail sales experience preferred.
3. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off of store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
4. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 30 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
5. Demonstrated furniture merchandising and sales skills preferred.
6. Strong customer service and communication skills required.
7. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Sign up and search through 237,189 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: