Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Under limited supervision, uses knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience the Fitness Supervisor will oversee several aspects of the Fitness Center; including scheduling and training new team members. Additionally, the fitness supervisor will focus on the success of the fitness programs by overseeing and following up with all new members, department goals and ensuring member satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that the fitness center provides high levels of customer service, a consistently clean club, and responds to member feedback.
• Meets with the Fitness Director and communicates information and updates to the staff.
• Leads the staff or contractors when there is a need to make a decision and being available to team members to address their concerns.
• Performs fitness attendant duties when scheduled.
• Creates a strong sense of team by fostering collaboration, communication and alignment amongst team members. Influence and motivate staff members to perform at their maximum capacity.
• Recommends staff development and educational activities.
• Provides input in developing strategies to support departmental goals and objectives.
• Adheres to the Fitness Center Policies and Procedures and set the same expectations for team members.
• Proactively stays informed and updated on fitness industry data and trends.
• Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback
• Assists with the development and planning of a diverse calendar of enjoyable programs and activities such as: fitness and wellness programs, incentive programs, sports, life enrichment classes, special events, and social events.
• Assists in the design and development, with use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations and direct marketing emails.
• Reports any incident or accident to the Fitness Director.
• Maintains constant surveillance of members in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of members in the event of emergency.
• Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of Emergency Medical Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of fitness and wellness aspects
• Developing fitness classes, programs and schedules.
• Managing a fitness center in a corporate environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Motivate and negotiate effectively with fitness center members.
• Work a flexible schedule to accommodate the hours of the fitness center.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Complete incident reports when necessary.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or similar degree with courses in Recreation, Exercise Physiology, Health or related field
• 2 years of related work experience and 1 year as a personal trainer creating fitness programs for members.
• Experience teaching health/wellness and group fitness classes.
• Certified Personal Training experience and knowledge preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• One or more related certifications from a nationally recognized organization (NSCA, ACSM, ACE, AFAA).
• CPR/First Aid Certification must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Sign up and search through 44,595 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: