Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Finance Manager, Americas Region
We are currently seeking a Finance Manager to join our Americas Regional Finance and Accounting team at our Global headquarters in downtown Chicago, IL. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in a career in finance within an organization that will provide opportunities for growth. The successful candidate will play a significant role in the Company’s M&A activity, technical accounting issues, and internal control framework.
The Americas Regional Finance Team provides accounting guidance and stewardship to the >$3B revenue Americas Region, partnering with divisional finance teams to understand and advise the organization. We are a cross-functional and a truly collaborative environment, while also empowering every team member to make decisions that drive results.
What this job involves:
Serve as a technical accounting resource for the Americas region
◦ Staying current with new and pending pronouncements
◦ Incorporating standard changes into the Company’s existing accounting policies
◦ Researching complex transactions and assisting in conversations regarding those transactions with the Company’s external auditors
◦ Documenting and presenting the results of research
Coordinate and maintain the Americas Region internal control framework
◦ Maintaining Master CSA
◦ Working with the business line Finance teams to update CSA for process/system changes
◦ Participating in walkthrough meetings with internal and external audit to understand business processes and manage expectations
◦ Providing guidance, documenting conclusions and assisting teams in drafting responses to GIA and external auditors
Coordinate and oversee internal and external audits/reviews
◦ Managing relationship with internal and external auditors to influence extent and timing of audit plans
◦ Working with business line Finance teams to deliver audit requests
◦ Collaborating with auditors to jointly develop and monitor status of requests for reporting to Americas Finance Director and Controller
Participate in due diligence engagements related to acquisitions
◦ Analyzing financial/operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management
◦ Preparing/evaluating pro forma financial information
Model the Region’s earnout liabilities resulting from acquisitions and administer the related payments
◦ For new acquisitions, building earnout models that can be updated quarterly by the business line Finance teams
◦ Analyzing fair value adjustments driven by actual results and future projections
◦ Collaborating with the business line Finance teams and Global Treasury to ensure timely payment of earnouts achieved
Team with Global Finance to collect and summarize information for Regional disclosures
◦ Working closely with the in-house mortgage servicing rights business to ensure accurate reporting
◦ Collaborating with the business unit Finance teams to prepare and refine new disclosures (e.g., ASC 606 contract asset/liability rollforward)
◦ Preparing quarterly judgmental schedule for the Region and presenting the results to senior leadership
Lead Americas Region balance sheet reconciliation automation implementation, including drafting appropriate policies and procedures
Lead other special projects as requested by senior leadership
Sound like you? Before you apply it's worth knowing what we are looking for:
A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 5-7 years of overall work experience
Big Four accounting experience on integrated audits and/or with SOX testing
Blackline experience a plus
Achievement of or significant progress toward CPA or related certification
Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
What you can expect from us:
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where Company can take you...
Company Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Company strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at Company website%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%Company website.
If you have questions about careers at Company or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at ___@___(apply_to_show_email)
Sign up and search through 87,402 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: