Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Company presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Company is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your mission as an Enterprise Cloud Strategist (ECS) is to work with Company customers to shape the vision for the deployment of their workloads on Company Cloud. You will work collaboratively with customers and Company internal resources to: 1) develop migration strategies to move existing Company and non-Company assets to Company Cloud; and/or 2) create deployment plans for the development of new assets on Company Cloud. You will craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures aligned with customer business objectives, and accelerate the adoption of Company Cloud services. In collaboration with National Mid-market sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers and accelerate realization of Company Cloud value. You will bridge the gap between business and technology – speaking the value language of business and technology at the C-level, while also maintaining deep understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes, and architectural patterns to drive IT transformation initiatives.
Company National Mid-Market Enterprise Cloud Strategists support all customers in the general Burlington or New England state area between SMB (Small and Medium Business) and Enterprise accounts providing potential candidates with excellent exposure to a diverse set of businesses across every business pillar (e.g. Finance, retail, manufacturing, etc.). Our sole focus is on the growth of the Company Cloud business, however, potential candidates must have an understanding of all facets of Company’s business (HW, SW, IaaS, PaaS & SaaS) in order to provide complete and accurate recommendations to our clients.
· Technical seller - Drive sales pipeline, progression, and Company Cloud consumption
· Business & technology fluency – Maintain mastery of the Company portfolio and intimate knowledge of industry trends, multidiscipline design patterns, development/deployment methodologies, and competitive cloud offerings
· Management consultant – Develop and present business cases, revenue models, industry trends, competitive differentiators, and go-to-market strategy
· Program manager – Achieve desired results through planning, risk management, stakeholder management, conflict resolution, governance, team management, and ownership of the cloud adoption lifecycle
· Agile – Thrive in ambiguity, maintaining a relentless sense of urgency and realistic view of time (urgent patience) throughout an extended sales cycles
· Leadership presence – Inspire confidence and quickly establish connection, credibility, trust, and influence with customer CEO to developer
· Creative transformation catalyst - Exercise creativity, independent judgment, and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and elegant business solutions utilizing Company products and technology to meet customer needs
· Chief architect: Lead customer strategy, architecture, roadmap, and migration planning workshops spanning business, applications, information, and technology domains
· Technology practitioner: Maintain relevant expert level competency in cloud native, DevOps, resiliency, data & analytics, security & compliance, infrastructure optimization, or automation serving as a specialist in the primary domains of focus.
Qualities & Skills Desired:
· Commitment, compassion, technical curiosity, and relentless pursuit of practical knowledge
· Regulatory compliance frameworks and applying new techniques to meet security and governance in public cloud architectures
· Wide-area and datacenter networking design, protocols, and implementation
· Extensive background in architecture, implementation, and delivery of real-world business/mission-critical systems
· Hands on skills with CI/CD and build automation tooling (Chef, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
· Strong understanding of traditional monolithic and cloud-native application frameworks
· Ability to walk up the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) model with modern terminology and relevance
· A strong understanding and practical experience in planning and delivering cloud migration projects from traditional on-premises deployment models
· C-level presentation expertise
· Relevant certifications such as CISSP, TOGAF, Zachman, OpenCA, ITIL, Cobit, Prince
At Company, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.
Sign up and search through 42,947 curated jobs in the Tech Edition: