Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Mission of Catholic Health Initiatives is to nurture the healing ministry of the Church, supported by education and research. Fidelity to the Gospel urges us to emphasize human dignity and social justice as we create healthier communities
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of ultrasonography imaging techniques to assist the Cardiologist in successfully diagnosing and treating the patient's condition.
1. Utilizes innovative customer service techniques to provide a positive patient care experience for the patient and their family.
2. Acts professionally in all dealings with internal and external customers to promote a working environment that focuses on the patient experience and not operational rivalries or roadblocks to care. Communicates effectively with patients and their families about the procedure to be performed in order to obtain information and to offer reassurance. Establishes and maintains lines of communication with all other staff members and Radiologist to ensure an effective and harmonious working environment.
3. Coordinates and participates in a variety of duties involved in the operation of echocardiography equipment to obtain and record two-dimensional and M-mode graphic representations of the heart utilizing high frequency sound waves to assist physician in the diagnosis of cardiac malfunctions, malformations and abnormalities.
4. Provides a preliminary diagnostic report to physician and final preliminary tracing interpretation to include an exact assessment of the size and movement of the heart chamber, movements and timing of the heart valves for echoes and measurements of heart sounds and their origin; review all Echocardiography Technician`s tracings and interpretations for accuracy and quality.
5. Record results of procedures on tape, motion picture and still film; scan and inspect resultant picture and still film; scan and inspect resultant pictures and tracings to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
6. Prepares patients for diagnostic procedures to include taking vital signs and measurements, positioning patients and explaining procedures; review medical histories of patients. Plan and schedule work for the group ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
7. Maintains liaison with physicians, research personnel and staff to resolve problems and to advise concerning echocardiography procedures, techniques and equipment. Recommends and implements new procedures and techniques to improve existing diagnostic methods and standards.
◦ Required: Formal training program after high school
◦ Preferred: Associate degree or equivalent
◦ Required: Two to three years
◦ Required: Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer or Registered Vascular Sonographer.
◦ Preferred: Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer or Registered Vascular Sonographer.
Requisition ID: 2020-R0279885
Market: CHI St. Joseph's Health
Sign up and search through 234,015 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: