Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Ensures shipments are prepared, packed and labeled to comply with various modes of transportation (land, sea and air) and for shipment specific requirements. Utilizes and operates a forklift and material handling equipment safely for the movement of inventories. Performs manual picking functions to consolidate smaller case quantities for shipment preparations. Utilizes various computer systems and RF system applications to complete operational task and data entry to produce shipment documentation. Operates semi-trailer truck to shuttle trailers that transport product between Mary Kay and contracted facilities. Performs trailer equipment yard moves at Mary Kay facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Shuttles trailers from Mary Kay locations and vendor locations while ensuring proper adherence to local, state, and federal laws that apply to transportation of product by truck. Performs trailers yard moves at Mary Kay facilities.
2. Picks and stacks merchandise for domestics and international shipments according to picking allocation utilizing Radio Frequency (RF) scanning equipment. Checks part numbers, batch codes, expiration dates, country of origin and case counts that are pulled utilizing PC terminal to access and verify specific information regarding merchandise committed to a shipment. Performs cycle count function to ensure inventory accuracy. Ensures that pallets are stacked, wrapped and sleeved securely according to International country specifications. Places manually and automatically produced identification labels on pallet to indicate destination, pallet ID and the destination it is committed to.
Properly packs and labels hazardous material for air, sea and land shipments according to predetermined specifications designated by Department of Transportation, International Maritime Dangerous Goods, and International Air Transport Association regulations.
3. Reviews shipping priority schedules and assigns allocated shipments into the automated systems to release and deliver inventories to pick / packing locations. Prepares shipments for air, ground and ocean by stacking pallets in staging racks. Ensures all prepared shipments are packed on heat treated pallets as required by customs. Ensures all air shipments are over packed, banded and do not exceed the 60” height restriction. Applies black stretch wrap and sleeves the last 4 four pallets on each container’s shipment. Enters weight and pallet measurements for each pallet in computer system. Utilizing forklift, loads trailers and ocean containers according to correct weight distribution and pallet arrangement. Utilizes loose packing materials to secure loads. Verifies pallet identification tags against load sheet and packing list to ensure accuracy and destination of shipments.
Supplies all generated shipment documentation to the International Sr. Coordinator. Photographs all shipments for documentation. Completes shipping related paperwork and container inspection forms.
4. Runs various system generated reports to verify all pallets have been packed and located. Checks for pallet quantities, weights and reweighs if needed to determine proper load placement. Checks refrigeration unit in trailers and ocean containers for properly functioning thermostat and adequate refrigerant fuel. Checks sea containers for cleanliness, and seaworthiness. Placards containers with applicable labels according to hazardous classifications.
Performs various related duties as assigned such as palletizing merchandise, changing forklift battery and water, keeping warehouse area clean, recovering vehicle malfunctions etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: High school diploma or Associate Degree.
Experience:3 years of Class A CDL driving experience. 2 years of fork-lift driving experience.
1. Must be knowledgeable in hazardous material packing requirements for sea, land and air. Must be able to complete, pass and maintain all required training to maintain certifications to properly comply with government regulations.
2. Must continuously demonstrate the ability to safely drive forklift equipment and be able to maintain forklift certification requirements. Must have a valid and record-free Texas commercial drivers' license and hazardous materials endorsement for a minimum of 3 years to ensure safe operation of vehicle by adhering to local, state, and federal laws.
3. Must have the ability to frequently stoop, crouch, kneel, push, pull, and reach in order to check pallets, pick cases and work around product. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs in order to move cases. Must have the ability to sit 60% of the time to steer and shift truck gears in order to load and unload trailers, deliver small parcels, attach and detach trailers, and perform safety inspections.
4. Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide as demonstrated by successfully passing a math test. Must be able to utilize metric system for weights and measurements.
5. Must be able to use a personal computer to generate product paperwork, labels or reports, and to effectively communicate to others via e-email, and to update and maintain records. Must be able to interact with RF type devices to enable system data gathering.
6. Must have effective interpersonal skills in order to convey written and oral information. Must be able to work well with others within the department and company.
7. Must have 20/20 vision, either with or without corrective lenses, in order to drive Class 8 tractor-trailer for extended periods to time and be able to effectively use color and vision to operate necessary equipment properly.
8. Must have effective interpersonal skills in order to convey written and oral information. Must be able to work well with others within the department, company and vendors.
9. Must be able to lift a minimum weight of 50 pounds.
10. Must be able to stand, sit and/or walk for extended periods of time.
Sign up and search through 80,973 curated jobs in the Consumer Products Edition: