Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion provides leadership regarding the development, coordination, facilitation, and delivery of diversity-related programs, services, and support for students, staff, and faculty across the campus.
The Director will plan, develop, and implement strategic initiatives in collaboration with other parties to help increase awareness, enhance education, and promote advocacy. This position works closely with the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team and the Company Office of Student Affairs.
Typical functions may include:
1. Facilitate diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, activities, and initiatives designed to foster a climate of respect, encourage collaboration, support identity development, and raise levels of consciousness surrounding cultural awareness, including working with on-campus organizations, community organizations, and Cultural Diversity Coalition.
2. Identify diversity, equity, and inclusion related opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to promotes a culture of respect.
3. Organize campus initiatives around diversity awareness months, including but not limited to Black History Month, Native American History Month, LGBTQ History Month, Women’s History Month, and Hispanic Heritage Month.
4. Organize and implement a “Conscious Dialogue” series at Company and integrate processes to engage offsite faculty and staff.
5. Design, implement, and assess a “Diversity Companies” program for faculty, staff, and students that helps to foster a community of care.
6. Develop a campus climate survey in collaboration with other Company campuses and work with the AVP of Public Affairs and the VP for the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to deploy and analyze the survey results.
7. Utilize initiatives to engage students, staff, and faculty in conversations about awareness, education, and advocacy.
8. Serve as a liaison from the President’s Office to Company and community groups and committees, including Company, Staff Senate, Academic Council, Metro Company Chamber, and others.
9. Advise, support, and provide leadership to underrepresented on-campus groups; directly support one group.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and
3-5 years closely related work experience in an education setting or closely related area
Our Ideal Candidate Will Also Have The Following Assets:
Knowledge and experience in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic initiatives and cross-cultural communication.
Knowledgeable about current trends related to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Demonstrated commitment to awareness, education, and advocacy.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort with public speaking and report writing. Ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with people from diverse cultural and identity groups, with varying world views, perspectives, and from diverse job positions.
no supervisory duties at this time
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The Company Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy.
Sign up and search through 52,513 curated jobs in the Education Edition: