Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Purpose:Design, drive, implement and optimize distribution centers within the America’s region, while ensuring continuous process improvements and projects are brought to a successful conclusion in line with the company strategy. In addition, enable the adidas Group to achieve operations excellence from an infrastructure, process and system perspective.
• Management of the regional Engineering Directors, Managers and external consultants on DC projects including but not limited to: retrofit projects, labor standards implementations, new facility design and implementation as well as four-wall optimization efforts.
• Lead and manage the concept phase of new DC builds and/or major change projects on a global scale. Overall responsibility for driving standardization across all DCs, globally.
• Focus on development and implementation of standardizing DC processes, MHE (Material Handling Equipment) and supplier harmonization. Set up detailed project planning and milestone tracking relating to MHE implementations.
• Responsible for monitoring, interacting and negotiating costs with external MHE/WCS service providers to further enable and optimize our DCs.
• Provide warehouse technical expertise for solution design and optimization for manual, automated, and semi-automated DCs. As part of automated DCs, monitor Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) outputs as required.
• Develop business case inputs for large-scale project initiatives on a regional level across all brands with regard to warehousing, ensuring a tangible analysis behind any initiative. Develop, structure and change management approaches for initiatives while ensuring timely communication across the network; lead implementation of change management concepts.
• Develop and maintain a project network with other relevant departments within Global Operations or the adidas Group in order to get end-to-end transparency of project activity.
• Lead and develop a team of regional Industrial Engineers to help support and further their growth in aspects of the professional content of their project management role. Provide advice on warehousing best practices across the region.
• AMERICA’S Region Supply Chain Management, Strategy Management, Performance Management, Project Management
• DC Management Teams
• IT (WMS/WCS) functions
• Selected other functions across the Group based on projects, Global Real Estate, Corporate Communication team, Project Steering Boards, sponsors
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent analytical and quantitative abilities
2. Action-oriented and solution-minded team player with a high degree of self-management, enthusiasm and drive to perform
3. Distribution expert with a specific focus on warehousing and distribution execution strategies
4. Strong technical knowledge as it relates to DC automation (e.g. ASRS, mini load, goods to man, sortation) and Warehouse Control Systems, as well as Manual DC concepts.
5. Excellent project management, planning and organization skills and ability to work and deliver in changing environments while adhering to specified deadlines
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and in writing, to interact effectively and efficiently on different levels of the organization and with external providers
7. Excellent English language proficiency; multi-lingual abilities in local languages preferred
8. Excellent ability to mediate and bring cross-functional stakeholders with different objectives to agree on a consensus
9. Proficiency in project management related tools and software (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
10. Willingness to invest and increase career development potential
11. Willingness and ability to travel frequently
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
1. 5+ years of relevant management experience in an operations environment
2. BS in Engineering, focus on Industrial Engineering preferred
3. Experience in consumer goods or retail warehousing preferred
4. Minimum of 1 proven experience in leading the concept and implementation phase of a Greenfield or a major DC change implementation
adidas participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law (AZ, GA, IN, VA, FL, NC, SC, UT). For more information click on the link below:
Sign up and search through 21,260 curated jobs in the Fashion Edition: