Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Chicago Company is seeking a Deputy Senior Content Editor to oversee our Real Estate coverage and handle digital editing responsibilities within the Lifestyles group.
This editor will oversee all Real Estate coverage, for online and print. The ideal candidate will possess strong digital skills and an understanding of what drives audience engagement. Equally important, this editor will have an understanding of the Chicago real estate market and impeccable editing skills.
Responsibilities will include planning, assigning, writing and editing stories for the print Real Estate section and all digital strategy, production and promotion for Company website.
This editor also will perform key digital editing tasks for the Lifestyles team every day and serve as a back-up editor for the team as needed.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
◦ Strong editing skills, including AP style, but also the ability to transform a story and help a writer deliver work that merits publication in the Chicago Company.
◦ Ability to juggle multiple tasks with very little supervision, while being quick, accurate and meeting deadlines.
◦ Ability to make smart, data-driven decisions on story promotion, inclusion and emphasis across all platforms, from sites to apps to email newsletters to social to alerts, to reflect the Company’s brand and mission.
◦ Ability to manage freelancers, contracts, invoices and a budget.
◦ Familiarity with tools used to measure performance of digital content, including Chartbeat, Omniture and Google Analytics.
◦ Proven ability to grow audience through use of social media and newsletters.
◦ Ability to work independently when required while at the same time operate efficiently in a team dynamic.
◦ Solid grasp of the rules of grammar, spelling, punctuation. Ability to write and edit accurately, with clarity, without bias.
◦ Editing photos: pulling photos from wires and other sources; cropping photos for publication, building galleries.
◦ A minimum of two years’ experience editing stories is mandatory.
Sign up and search through 10,749 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: