Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
As an Operations Manager, you will support My Company process by managing a business within one store or multiple locations to ensure that we operate efficiently and that we achieve our sales, service and profit goals. The scope of your authority will extend to key areas such as expense management; shortage prevention; staffing and scheduling; merchandise flow; customer service and building and equipment maintenance, housekeeping and safety standards. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Drive overall Store Scorecard results by focusing efforts on the following tactics: shopping environment, pricing and signing, workload planning; Profit: staffing and weekend compliance, logistics, shortage and safety.
• Manage all payroll/non-payroll expense; directly responsible for EBIT%.
• Direct the receiving and processing of all merchandise receipts; ensure back of house standards are maintained.
• Analyze store shortage and implement reduction initiatives in partnership with the Loss Prevention Manager.
• Manage staffing working with the staffing group and ensure adherence to the daily staffing plan.
• Ensure that all procedures, policies, exposure standards and shortage awareness are thoroughly understood by the store team including all Executives and Associates.
• Train, motivate and develop operations team to reach their fullest potential and to maximize business opportunities.
• Clearly communicate store and Company objectives so both Executives and Associates are well informed.
• Direct total store maintenance; create a safe and clean environment for both customers and Associates.
• Manage supply budgets and ensure store stays in stock on selling supply and other required items.
• Initiate and implement shortage and safety programs.
• Recruit and select qualified support Associates.
• Create a positive, inclusive work environment focusing on internal and external customer service and safety.
• Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company.
• Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis; administer reviews.
• Utilize review process as a tool for Associate talent development, promotion and advancement.
• Lead Associates in support of community service opportunities.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• A minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership/supervisory position in operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build partnerships and direct teams.
Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
• Effective prioritizing and time management skills.
• Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Company Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Sign up and search through 351,381 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: