Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Associate Specialist, AFS Control
Company Alternative Fund & Omnium Business Services
Company Alternative Fund & Omnium Business Services is seeking a risk management control professional to work closely with our business units’ leadership as well as corporate risk management, compliance, internal audit, and external audit firms. The control professional will devise a program to track, monitor and test the implementation & effectiveness of controls derived from a number of sources (legal, audit, risk management, compliance, business oversight, business operations, regulatory bodies, etc.) and communicate results and recommendations to various stakeholders for dissemination to the appropriate areas of management. The successful candidate will be a seasoned and autonomous self-starter who will develop strong collaborative relationships with senior managers across a variety of functions. The position will report to the AFS Control Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. At the direction of the AFS Control Lead, with input from risk and compliance, conduct proactive assessments and periodic testing of internal processes, procedures, and client specific servicing deliverables to a) ensure compliance with SLA’s, corporate policies, organization standards and regulatory requirements and b) ensure proper/effective controls are in place
2. Applies analytical skills to review processes and ensure proper preventative and detective controls are in place for business functions and prepares recommendations to strengthen identified control weaknesses.
3. Escalate risk and control related matters for the entire department to the AFS Control Lead, HFS Risk Consultant and HFS Compliance Manager, as appropriate.
4. Oversee the status of action items resulting from for all audits and regulatory examinations to ensure timely implementation.
5. Responsible for testing the efficacy of the action items with the business units to ensure ongoing compliance.
6. Collaborate with the business units to further enhance control environment
7. Produce independent risk and control reporting which will include (but not limited to) – statistics on mandatory training, meeting attendance & action items, remediation of the status of audit / compliance / regulatory issues, status of strategic change and impact to operational model and controls, etc. This will include ongoing communication of test results, related reporting & any recommendations/enhancements to AFS Control Lead, HFS Risk Consultant, and HFS Compliance Manager for additional consideration or appropriate escalation. Testing results will also be presented at monthly AFS Risk Management Council as appropriate.
8. Collaborate with HFS Compliance Manager to ensure regulations and enforcement actions applicable to the business are communicated to AFS management and taken into account when considering control environment enhancements and related monitoring activities. HFS Compliance Manager will also provide direction regarding necessary assessments and testing.
9. Collaborate with Centralized HFS Accounting Policy team to ensure new accounting guidance is being implemented or escalated for further assessment.
10. Participate in monthly reviews with Financial Control to highlight items for further investigation or escalation.
8+ years of experience in risk management, operations, control or internal audit (or similar work experience). Public accounting firm experience desirable and/or prior work with SOC1 or similar projects
Understanding of risk and controls, basic understanding of IT general controls a plus. The applicant must be able to apply these to ‘real-life’ scenarios
Ability to work independently and self-motivated as well as effectively manage projects (e.g., define and manage scope, milestones, deliverables)
Detail oriented and critical thinker
Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization
Excellent communication and organizational ability
MS Office proficient
Financial Services experience in the asset management sector (e.g. fund administration, capital markets) preferred
CPA, CIA or MBA preferred
Company provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Company partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Sign up and search through 43,680 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: