Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
This manager-level position is responsible for a segment within a given project portfolio which can be defined by industry, service line, technology center, specialty area or region. Main responsibilities include people management, project oversight, and sales enablement. Accountable for operational/financial metrics and maintaining project/portfolio profitability while ensuring quality of project delivery and maintaining customer referenceability.
Responsible for adherence to operational policies and achievement of portfolio performance to support business plan. Responsible for solution and pricing of proposals and supporting the sales process. Is accountable for managing a profitable revenue stream. Typically manages a relatively small number of individual contributing project managers. Provides oversight to projects within portfolio to ensure high customer satisfaction in a profitable manner.
8+ years of experience relevant to this position, including 2 years of project or direct line management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles and successfully manage projects of increasing complexity. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong influencing and negotiation skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Selling skills preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must hold a US Government security clearance of Top Secret or higher
· Learn the features, functions, and standard configuration of Company products
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
· Proactively communicate with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
· Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
· Develop and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
· Collaborate with team-members to define requirements, plan deployment activities, and define test plans and cases
· Track project milestones, deliverables, project costs, project budget, and manage monthly invoice process
· Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and develop contingency plan
· Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
· Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the Project and Company
· Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
Sign up and search through 76,497 curated jobs in the Tech Edition: