Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Enterprise Financial and Strategic Risk (EFAS Risk) seeks to deliver effective independent risk management of the activities and processes associated with managing the Company’s capital, liquidity and earnings risks. The team helps Company grow responsibly through developing our teammates, promoting a diverse and inclusive culture and approaching our work with intellectual curiosity and dispassionate objectivity. EFAS Risk delivers its mission through a steadfast commitment to its values: cultivating diversity of thought and valuing different perspectives and experiences; driving an inclusive culture that promotes learning, fosters relationships and creativity; developing talent, advancing careers and creating leaders within Global Risk Management and across the company.
The EFAS Compliance and Operational Risk (EFAS COR) team is responsible for independent compliance and operational risk oversight of the CFO Group, Enterprise Stress Testing, Global Resolution and Recovery Planning and Regulation W related activities across the firm. The EFAS COR Specialist is responsible for engaging in activities to provide independent compliance and operational risk oversight of key CFO functions responsible for managing the firm’s capital, liquidity and earnings risks. As a member of the EFAS COR team, the Compliance and Operational Risk Specialist executes activities in accordance with the EFAS Compliance and Operational Risk Coverage Plan and the Global Compliance and Operational Risk management policies, standards and procedures.
• Create and maintain a regulatory inventory
• Contribute to development, execution and ongoing maintenance of Coverage Plan(s)
• Conduct monitoring activities and provide oversight of test development and execution to validate control effectiveness and process outcomes
• Execute risk assessments
• Identify aggregate, report and escalate compliance risks, issues and control enhancements
• Collaborate with other members of EFAS Risk to deliver holistic, global independent oversight
• Establish and foster a network of stakeholders across Treasury, Finance, EFAS Risk and Global Risk Management
• Engage business subject matter experts and managers on risk matters and in governance and management routines
• 3+ years’ experience in finance, capital markets, and/or risk management disciplines. Relevant experiences may include trading, hedging, data processing, capital and/or liquidity management, balance sheet management, general finance processes and/or regulatory reporting.
• Intellectual curiosity – approaches each day with a curious mindset; effectively uses inquiry to uncover facts and circumstances; consistently applies critical thinking
• Communication - ability to communicate effectively and with impact, including strong writing and presentation skills
• Innovative - ability to identify simpler and better ways of doing things; embraces and adapts to change well
• Autonomy – self-starting, able to translate broad-strokes to actions. Actively seeks and executes on value-added opportunities
• Influence - ability to influence stakeholders and drive agenda
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• MBA or other advanced degree in related discipline
• Operational Risk or Compliance program experience
Enterprise role overview
The Compliance and Operational Risk Specialist assists the Compliance and Operational Risk officer team in activities to contribute to the independent compliance and operational risk oversight of Front Line Unit (“FLU”) and Control Function (“CF”) performance and any related third party/vendor relationships in alignment with the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy, the Operational Risk Enterprise Policy (collectively “the Policies”) and the Compliance and Operational Risk Management (“CORM”) Program and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)). As a member of a FLU or CF compliance and operational risk officer team, this role applies business acumen to promote a culture of risk management and the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance and operational risks by assisting FLU or CF Compliance and Operational Risk teams with any of the following activities:
Create and maintain a regulatory inventory.
Update relevant policies to ensure they reflect regulatory requirements for FLU/CF.
Conduct compliance and operational risk assessments.
Support group’s work to review and challenge the FLU/CFs’ Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSA)
Contribute to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics.
Conduct monitoring and testing activities to check the effectiveness of the front line unit and control function compliance and operational risk controls.
Identify, aggregate, report and escalate compliance and operational risks, issues and control enhancements for FLU/CF.
Identify, collect, validate and record internal loss events and “near misses.” Contribute to root cause analyses on internal loss events and develop remediation plans to strengthen controls.
Identify, review and document relevant external loss events.
Assist in the execution of governance and management routines.
Identify compliance and operational risk training needs and inspect FLU/CF and third party participation for FLU/CF.
Assist with preparations for regulatory exams and audits for FLU/CF.
Inspect that commitments made regarding actions in response to Matters Requiring Attention (“MRAs”) and other actions are completed for FLU/CF.
Escalate regulatory relations concerns to Compliance and Operational Risk Manager or Executive.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: 40
Sign up and search through 66,728 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: