Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Our vision at Company is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Company Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Company as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Promotes and ensures the efficient and effective operations of the Companion Animal Department, and drives the sales of aquatic pets, reptiles, birds, and small companion animals. Through the lens of our Company Co-Values, ensures the health, welfare and proper care of all live animals. Maintains all related merchandise according to Company operational standards. Initiates appropriate actions for the attainment of the Companion Animal department’s budgeted sales goals, gross margin, animal and merchandise shrink targets, managing inventory levels, supply cost, reported budgeted expense rates and budgeted contribution. Helps ensure the store achieves the Company established goals and metrics.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
1. Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Company standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
2. Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
3. Ensures all supply back stock is worked daily and all other department back stock a minimum of three times per week.
4. Efficiently orders live animals to maximize sales, margin and inventory. Analyzes department inventory management data and recommends areas for improvement.
5. Ensures operational standards are maintained in the department.
6. Ensures all animal related maintenance tasks are being completed as outlined on the Maintenance Task List.
7. Achieves a minimum presentation standards at all times in the aquatics and companion animal areas.
8. Partner with the Merchandise Operations Leader to ensure proper in-stock merchandise levels. Goals are achieved by reporting max changes or requested overrides are achieving I.M. grade.
9. Efficiently organizes and prices all clearance merchandise for the department.
10. Assists the Store Leader/Guest Experience Leader in planning out location changes needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales.
11. Communicates all situations and/or conditions to the Store Leader/Guest Experience Leader that affect the store (e.g. guest complaints, item requests, inadequate inventory levels, etc.).
12. Ensures the proper handling and documentation for all Adoption Animals.
13. Ensures the completion of all Planograms, Cut-Ins and Reworks.
14. Performs activities to maintain a knowledge and understanding of Store Sales and Margin reports and data.
15. Directly supervises the Aquatics Specialist(s).
16. Leads, provides feedback and coaches all store partners in providing quality service to satisfy the needs of Company guests and in performing their assigned tasks.
17. Provides training and coaching in GUEST+ engagement and shares knowledge of department products and animal health and handling to partners daily on the sales floor and on an ongoing basis
18. In partnership with the Store Leader and Guest Experience Leader, ensures proper partner scheduling is maintained to ensure in-stock goals and proper guest service levels are met during peak hours.
19. Applies a talent management skill set within the scope of recruiting, hiring, training, work scheduling, coaching and succession planning.
20. In partnership with store leaders, recruits, hires and develops a team focus on building long-term guest relationships.
21. Verifies animal related maintenance tasks are being completed as outlined on the Maintenance Task List. Provides quick and courteous service to all guests by determining their needs, sharing product knowledge and suggesting the appropriate merchandise to satisfy their needs, utilizing GUEST+ engagement throughout the store.
22. Demonstrates and provides feedback and coaching on nutrition, Pals Rewards membership sign-up, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling techniques for partners to increase sales.
23. Provides training, feedback and coaching in GUEST+ engagement and product knowledge to store partners.
24. Collaborates with store Partners to ensure an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart, Extended Aisle and Repeat Delivery.
Directly supervise Aquatics Specialists. Provide guidance and training to partners. Complete performance evaluations for partners.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Education and Experience
Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience. 5 years’ experience in a retail setting as a department leader, team lead or sales partner is preferred. Successful completion of all 4 CAS certification is required Experience supervising partners, demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales techniques, and analytical abilities is preferred.
Sign up and search through 215,018 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: