Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Full Time, Variable Shift, Flaget Memorial Hospital
Job Summary / Purpose
Provides direct patient care under the supervision of the licensed nursing staff within the scope of practice. Contributes to the safe and efficient operation of nursing services.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Communicates effectively and appropriately.
2. Contributes to maintenance of clean, safe environment to minimize hazards of infection or injury to patients and/or staff.
3. Obtains basic physical assessment data (vital signs, intake/output, weights etc.) and documents in patient medical record.
4. Provides routine and procedural hygienic needs to patients.
5. Assist in meeting patient’s activity needs to include: elimination, comfort and privacy by responding to patient’s request.
6. Assist with performance of PT needs under the assistance of RN/PT to include range of motion, ambulation, transfers, ADL training for home care.
7. Demonstrates competency in unit protocols for performing EKG’s(if applicable), glucose monitoring, and other competencies based on department discretion.
8. Demonstrates knowledge related to age appropriate behavior of pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics as applicable.
9. Documents or reports care provided, observations, and pertinent information to the nursing services.
10. Assist in prevention of nosocomial infections as evidenced by adherence to infection control policies and procedures.
11. Uses personal protective equipment and complies with all universal precautions, bloodborne pathogens and specific isolation precautions (e.g. contact, airborne, protective).
12. Completes patient care assignments by the end of the shift or reports status of care to charge nurse.
13. Makes rounds on patients hourly.
14. Responds to requests promptly and courteously.
15. Attends all mandatory hospital-based in services on time.
16. Assist with orientation of new unit personnel according to unit protocol.
17. Attends 80% of shift meetings, reads and initials all meeting minutes.
18. Completes all core and unit specific competencies on time.
19. Assists in delivering high quality health care services in a professional, compassionate, and courteous manner while respecting the dignity and individuality of each person who comes in contact with the organization by following the standards of excellence, standards of behavior, and the standards of professional appearance and conduct.
20. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Required Licensure and Certification
Certification of nursing assistance required. BLS
At least 1 year experience in healthcare setting preferred.
Requisition ID: 2020-R0284461
Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Sign up and search through 136,854 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: