Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Job Summary:A Clinical Research Student will be trained through a mentor in the principles, conduct and interpretation of research in conjunction with a related or unrelated educational program.
1. Learns about the process and assists a study team with recruit and enrollment of patients onto clinical trials according to study protocols in association with the PI or study team. May assist in assessment of patients' eligibility for inclusion in a particular protocol based on contracts with physicians and nurses and knowledge of the protocol.
2. Assists in checking all eligibility and ineligibility criteria with the patients' medical record. Verifies information with clinical research nurse and/or principal investigator.
3. Learns about informed consent and assist in discussion with patients. Assists with scheduling appointments and follow up tests.
4. Learns protocol(s) and assists in monitoring strict adherence by physicians, nurses and patients. Reviews protocol requirements with physicians, nurses and fellows. Learns to identify any problems with protocol compliance and notifies principal investigator and/or research nurse. Begins to learn how to independently resolve problems with protocol.
5. Learns how to extract data on protocol patients from hospital records, outpatient charts and private physician office records in order to complete case report forms required by specific protocols. Enters data into computerized system.
1. Currently enrolled in High School Program required .
2. Currently enrolled in an academic program (high school through graduate school)
3. 0-1 years related work experience required.
4. Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
1. Written Communications:Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
2. Oral Communications:Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
3. Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
4. Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
5. Customer Service:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Sign up and search through 164,664 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: