Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Provides Pharmaceutical Care according to professional and departmental standards and statutory requirements. Provides safe, effective, rational, and cost-conscious pharmacotherapeutic recommendations through the department's medication management programs. The Clinical Pharmacist assists in supervising the functional activities of Pharmacy Technicians and Interns. Participates in department directed medication management activities consistent with Company goals and objectives. The Clinical Pharmacist will demonstrate good judgment and decisiveness during daily activities, maintaining a working knowledge of current pharmaceutical practice, and demonstrate a personal commitment to professional growth. The Clinical Pharmacist will support management by providing oversight, guidance and support for all assigned areas and will participate in the planning, organization, implementation, and monitoring of new programs and activities.
The following description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities assigned from time to time. See addendums.
· Maintains expertise in unique aspects of drug therapy for patients, for which they provide care, including factors related to patients of all age groups.
· Routinely participates in communication with other health care professionals; providing drug information, interventions and recommendations according to current evidence-based medication practices.
· Provides clinical and operational pharmacy services to patients
· Documents clinical activities and interventions with respect to outcomes and financial ramifications as required.
· Ensures appropriate and accurate drug therapy by checking for drug interactions, incompatibilities, duplications, etc., during order entry and/or review process.
· Assists with preparation, formulation and distribution of medication providing efficient, quality and safe pharmaceutical services.
· Provides patient education related to their medication therapies.
· Proactively assesses prescribing patterns to promote the safe use of appropriate medication therapy as defined by Company guidelines and health-system/payer formulary.
· Provides leadership in identifying and developing cost avoidance strategies in drug therapy, promoting more cost-effective treatment and reducing waste.
· Participates in pharmacy decision-making process through continual feedback and committees
· Participates in department quality and safety programs.
· Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth by participating in educational and professional programs. Participates in hospital sponsored or other community programs.
· Promotes interdisciplinary communication, inclusion of patients and families in care decisions, and serves as an advocate for the appropriate use of medication therapies.
· Supervises the functional activities of pharmacy support personnel.
· Maintains standards in USP Chapter <795> <797> <800> when preparing (if trained in this area), transporting, receiving, handling, and verifying non-sterile and sterile compounded products.
· Serves as a role model and assists in the development, training and education of students, residents, pharmacists and new hires to the pharmacy department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
· Education / Training: Pharm.D. or Bachelor degree in pharmacy (residency training preferred)
· Work Experience: 1 year pharmacy experience (or equivalent) preferred
· Certification, Licensure, Registration: Unrestricted Pharmacist and Controlled Substance License in good standing with the State of Michigan (or eligible to obtain such licensure)
Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Sign up and search through 228,626 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: