Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Clinical Assistant is a member of the staff who coordinates aspects of patient care by managing communication and clerical tasks essential to the functioning of the unit. In addition to communication and clerical tasks, she/he monitors and stocks supplies. The Clinical Assistant also provides patient care and related functions as delegated by and under the direction of a registered nurse.
1. Provide patient care assignments as delegated by and under the direction of a registered nurse.
2. Clerical/manages supplies/equipment in designated care areas.
3. Provides care to the patient according to the plan of care, unit routine and hospital policy. Documents in electronic medical record.
4. Acts as a receptionist and organizes daily work assignment based on unit priorities
5. Organizes daily work assignments based on unit priorities.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
B. Work Experience:
· Completion of nursing assistant program and/or one year of nursing assistant experience preferred.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
· AHA BLS Healthcare Provider required within 6 months of employment.
· Nursing Assistant certification preferred.
D. Other Qualifications:
· Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
· Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
· Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
· Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
· Ability to demonstrate Company customer service standards and behaviors in all aspects of job performance.
Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Sign up and search through 189,903 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: