Reporting to the designated supervisor, complete the clerical tasks assigned by the supervisor in accordance with corporate guidelines. Provide accurate, friendly quality service to customers when processing customer transactions. Perform all duties assigned by the supervisor. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
1. Compile information needed for various reports and assist in coordinating project-oriented duties at the direction of the supervisor.
2. May receive payments from customers at the counter in the form of cash, check or draft. May process gate release, locate proper documentation for release and forward documentation of the sale to Accounting.
3. Perform various general clerical duties, maintain various files and data, produce reports and correspondence for the supervisor.
4. Stock in/check in vehicles into AMS.
5. Enter repairs and condition reports into V-Trace.
6. Review CR/vehicle and sets work orders in V-Trace for Mechanical and Body Shop.
7. Verify that correct repair charges are submitted.
8. Call in orders for Windshield, Dent Demon, and other outside vendors.
9. Print stickers for sale per PRIDE guidelines.
10. Post charges to vehicle account.
11. Respond to customer inquiries pertaining to vehicles and titles.
12. Call on “If” deals.
13. Submit daily operations report to manager.
14. Handle paperwork and transportation for units going to dealerships for warranty work.
15. Work with Consignment Sales to issue customer numbers.
16. Work with Accounts Receivables, Wire Transfers, Floor Plan Administration, AMS Admin issues, Invoices and collections.
17. Load inventory into Live Block and assist with other internet activities.
18. Verify title, bill of sale and VIN numbers are accurately recorded.
19. Prepare titles, contracts, bills of sale, pre/post sale reports.
20. Post reconditioning charges.
21. Maintain inventory for vehicle aging and first in/first out process.
22. Schedule vehicle pick-up and disposition.
23. Any other duties assigned by General Manager or designated manager.
General Employee Responsibilities:
24. Standards of Conduct:
a) Provide prompt and courteous service at all times.
b) Perform customer service transactions as described in the account contract.
c) Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer service.
d) Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention from all employees.
e) Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise the General Manager or designated manager of all serious complaints or incidences.
f) Maintain a professional appearance and a neat work environment consistent with the Employee Handbook.
g) Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
h) Advise the designated manager and Facilities of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately to ensure a safe work environment.
Make sure all Department area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the Manager immediately. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Basic office skills and six (6) months clerical experience necessary.
The physical activity requirements of the position are Light to Medium Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
– standing, watching, touching or fingering, listening
Potential – running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful movement in emergency situations
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside environmental working conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with automobile operations and emissions.
Note: Refer to the Handbook and Policy Manuals for important addendum requirements to all job descriptions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
Company is an equal opportunity employer. Company is a drug-free workplace