Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Under limited supervision, uses intermediate skills obtained through experience and training to perform detailed transactional tasks in a fast-paced work environment. Established procedures and general guidance and direction are provided to perform a variety of routine tasks. Some judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers new or unusual issues to a higher level. Job requires limited decision making ability. Routine contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately process client and firm checks and ensure they are routed to the appropriate department for posting.
• Work with fellow team members to complete daily tasks assigned.
• Use existing procedures to carry out a variety of time sensitive assignments.
• Prepare, review, process and maintain accounting documents, records and files.
• Assist in researching transaction and account discrepancies.
• Gathers and compile data for assigned functions.
• Cross-train with fellow associates to ensure business continuity of daily functions.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• General office practices, procedures, and methods
• Basic accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
• PeopleSoft payroll system.
• Entering transactions into an automated accounting system.
• Researching basic transactions and account discrepancies.
• Gathering and compiling information.
• Following detailed instructions provided by state regulators.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, electronic communication and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
• Answering phone calls from internal and external clients.
• Remain organized while researching multiple issues simultaneously with awareness of deadlines, guidelines and priorities.
• Identify and resolve basic accounting problems.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performance with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Work well in a fast pace environment.
• Be team-oriented.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years of accounting support experience.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.
Sign up and search through 54,443 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: