Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period:0
Primary Location:NE > GRAND ISLAND > ST FRANCIS
Job Summary / Purpose
The Associate Chaplain nurtures the healing ministry of the Church and contributes to the creation of healthier communities by delivering pastoral and spiritual care. Works closely with nursing, care management, physicians, palliative care, and other ancillary healthcare professionals. Partners with area clergy and ministers to facilitate the healing process.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Provides pastoral/spiritual care to patients, loved ones, and staff.
2. Completes spiritual assessments and communicates with other care team members. Provides clinical documentation as required.
3. Responds to and initiates routine and emergency referrals in a timely manner.
4. Coordinates with the local religious community to ensure the patient’s/loved ones spiritual and/or sacramental needs are being met.
5. Coordinates spiritual/pastoral ministry and bereavement care for those approaching end of life and at death.
6. Provides blessing/ritual/prayer for pastoral support upon request.
7. Educates and assists patients with respect to Advance Directives as needed.
Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Pastoral ministry in an institutional setting.
Knowledge of the Common Standards for Professional Chaplaincy and the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services published by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).
Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, i.e. The Joint Commission (TJC) standards and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
Ability to relate well with employees at all levels of the organization.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Practices excellent active listening skills.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
Accepting and understanding of diverse religious beliefs and practices.
Ability to deal with crisis situations and periodic exposure to secondary traumatic stress.
Ability to function as a member of pastoral care and multidisciplinary healthcare teams.
Proficiency of communication and information technology which includes basic computer and word processing skills, email, and use of the internet.
Requisition ID: 2020-R0275383
Shift: On Call
Market: CHI Health
Sign up and search through 139,109 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: